Apple ID Name only change......

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a battery replaced on my 'retired' iPhone 7Plus and have set up the phone to fill a need for a 'standby' or 'guest phone' to save family or friends visiting here the costs of roaming if using their own devices. The local phone is on a local sim for a number I've long had, and is strictly pay-as-you-go, easily topped up online with our carrier. The other (self & wife's) phones are on postpaid accounts and handled differently. Having had minor issues in the past with synch happening when not wanted, I decided to do it right and it was suggested that I establish a totally separate Apple ID for this phone alone, totally avoiding any problems with contacts synching where they shouldn't etc and only keeping really needed contacts stored on the phone ( home land-line, my cell, wife's cell) leaving anyone using it onky the option of keypad dialing, and of course receiving calls. There is never access provided to data on our primary accounts or devices. The shop ( authorized Apple Reseller) did the battery change, wiped the phone and set up as new suggesting that I supply a different email address & password than either of my primary email addresses to keep it all painless. I thus use my Yahoo email for things like this. ( My primary email addresses are Gmail & or iCloud. All good, but he did use my first and last name for that ID, as it's what's on thier files for me. It was mostly an oversight on my part at the time, and the shop was busy. After the fact, can I edit simply the name, leaving the email & password as what was established in the new phone at that time. I've done the rest of the set up and will not link that ID to any payment method, and use the 'local' address ( Barbados) for it as opposed to my regular use of the Canadian App store for our main phones. That way, paths should never get crossed or tangled as the ecosystem can get complex at times if things get interchanged. I se up the Apple canned mail in the 'guest phone' also to the yahoo address to facilitate moving anything to and from the phone easily.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I had a battery replaced on my 'retired' iPhone 7Plus and have set up the phone to fill a need for a 'standby' or 'guest phone' to save family or friends visiting here the costs of roaming if using their own devices. The local phone is on a local sim for a number I've long had, and is strictly pay-as-you-go, easily topped up online with our carrier. The other (self & wife's) phones are on postpaid accounts and handled differently. Having had minor issues in the past with synch happening when not wanted, I decided to do it right and it was suggested that I establish a totally separate Apple ID for this phone alone, totally avoiding any problems with contacts synching where they shouldn't etc and only keeping really needed contacts stored on the phone ( home land-line, my cell, wife's cell) leaving anyone using it onky the option of keypad dialing, and of course receiving calls. There is never access provided to data on our primary accounts or devices. The shop ( authorized Apple Reseller) did the battery change, wiped the phone and set up as new suggesting that I supply a different email address & password than either of my primary email addresses to keep it all painless. I thus use my Yahoo email for things like this. ( My primary email addresses are Gmail & or iCloud. All good, but he did use my first and last name for that ID, as it's what's on thier files for me. It was mostly an oversight on my part at the time, and the shop was busy. After the fact, can I edit simply the name, leaving the email & password as what was established in the new phone at that time. I've done the rest of the set up and will not link that ID to any payment method, and use the 'local' address ( Barbados) for it as opposed to my regular use of the Canadian App store for our main phones. That way, paths should never get crossed or tangled as the ecosystem can get complex at times if things get interchanged. I se up the Apple canned mail in the 'guest phone' also to the yahoo address to facilitate moving anything to and from the phone easily.

Go to http://appleid.apple.com to change any information you’d like.
You’ll also soon discover whether it’s possible or not to change your name.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Seems I can modify or change things like the email address itself, passwords, security questions, rescue email, payment info if filed, but my name itself is cast in stone unless I establish yet another Apple ID -

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I urge you to delete this photo from here.
There is too much information in there for identity theft and other illegal stuff. We don’t want to make it easier for criminals.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Very odd as I was able to log in at the link above and change my name.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal