Apple iTunes accounts x 2 and Family Sharing question. Can you help?

Anoni_Mouse

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I hope you can help.

We as a family have ONE apple iTunes/apps account in hubbys name.
We are NOT using family sharing, but all our family's Apple devices have access to this account.

Question ... Or two...

If my daughter set up her own Apple iTunes/apps account, can she still access the original one?

If we set up Family Sharing on our account so she has access to the things in there can SHE set up a Family Shating on her new account too for us?
Will that work?

Thank you. Any help gratefully received, especially if you have successfully done this!

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
If your daughter sets up her own Apple ID you could set up family sharing and invite her. This would allow you to share anything purchased from Apple and most apps. It would separate contacts and photos and iMessage. This is a much better and cleaner solution than sharing a single Apple ID for multiple people.

I'm not sure what you mean when ash if she could set it up too. Once family sharing is set up it is set up. Everything is shared so you can't set it up twice. She would not be able to set up sharing with a different group of people if that's what you're asking. You can only be a part of one family share at a time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
First of all, you all need your own Apple ID. Sharing the same Apple ID causes problems. You have to share the same 5 free gb of iCloud storage. Better for each to have their own 5 free gb of storage. You can share the same iTunes ID. But not Apple ID or iCloud. But to answer, she can have her own Apple ID and still sign in to the old in iTunes or the App Store. Y'all might want to do Family Sharing. My Wife and I share the same iTunes ID. But everything else is different.

Family Sharing
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR