I could not seem to find any information on how iCloud Photo Library handles the importing of existing photo libraries.

What I mean is I have all my photos sorted into folders. If I have iCloud Photo Library setup does it retain my own file structure or just throw everything into one giant mass? I suppose this would apply to the new photos app also. I'd hate to have to do all that sorting all over again
    03-30-2015 11:47 AM
    03-30-2015 12:39 PM
    That was actually the article that prompted my question. I did not recall reading anything in the article about file structures, and that only mentioned them as though they were a thing of the past. I certainly hope that isn't the case.
    03-30-2015 03:32 PM
    The new photos app will initially store things like Photos on the iPhone/iPad - you can make your own albums... things will be sorted by dates... At least that's how it is now... being it's still in beta, it could change before release.
    03-30-2015 03:35 PM
    The new photos app will initially store things like Photos on the iPhone/iPad - you can make your own albums... things will be sorted by dates... At least that's how it is now... being it's still in beta, it could change before release.
    Oh boy that is gonna be a pain to setup. Seems like an odd way to not provide that utility of someone wants it. I suppose we'll know more once it's released. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    03-31-2015 05:04 PM
    Oh boy that is gonna be a pain to setup. Seems like an odd way to not provide that utility of someone wants it. I suppose we'll know more once it's released. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
    That's what I ran into on OneDrive. When I restored my phone as new, I backed up all my photos on my camera roll. Many were grouped from albums. After they uploaded, they were scattered and all mixed up. It is a pain. A little at a time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-31-2015 05:15 PM
    It looks like iCloud Photo Library and Photos for OS X will maintain albums you create in the photos app.

This has me super stoked. I was worried I would have to do all that organization all over again. Guess I now have to figure out how much storage to get.
    04-09-2015 04:30 PM