iCloud Web Documents (Pages/Numbers/keynote)

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Discovered this yesterday. Gee thanks, Apple.

When I got my iPhone 6/ios8 I did not upgrade to iCloud drive because I use Numbers and Pages on the desktop, ios and occasionally on the web from work. At least they gave you the option to upgrade or not. When I went to iCloud on the web, Numbers told me I had to upgrade to iCloud drive in order to use it. So what worked a few weeks ago no longer works for no reason.

Sent from my iDevice using Tapatalk. Please excuse typos and brevity.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iCloud Drive is where all of your iCloud related stuff will be stored and available to all of your connected devices and thus the reason for the change, unless I'm mistaken.

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I get the change. But it was optional for ios8 users as it kills functionality to macs not on Yosemite. It's not optional for Numbers/Pages in the cloud. My studio Mac is off site and I don't want it using iCloud, plus it's much older (hacked ML on it). It just sucks they didn't offer the same flexibility they did for ios8.

David Erato

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, hence I did not upgrade however, I can't use the web versions of Numbers. You don't get the option to not upgrade. It's either upgrade or don't use.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2