Where’s Apple Pay’s Pay Friends with Message option?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One of the features I was looking forward to was Pay’s Pay Friends with Message option, and now that iOS 11 has been officially launched, where is it? What’s the hold up?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Similar to the iMessages in the cloud feature, Apple stated it would be delayed and released at a later date.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is iMessages in the cloud?

The ability to have your iMessages stored in the cloud rather than directly on your device thus saving space on your phone and also (potentially) allowing us to view our iMessages via the iCloud website.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
The ability to have your iMessages stored in the cloud rather than directly on your device thus saving space on your phone and also (potentially) allowing us to view our iMessages via the iCloud website.

That's right, I forgot! I wish one could iMessage from iCloud like you can do with Verizon's Messages+.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is iMessages in the cloud?

Well it’s slightly more than that. Messages already get sent to all devices connected if you have it set up. But what I really want iMessage in iCloud for is cross device message deletion. No more deleting on all devices, delete on one and it deletes on all. Not sure that hasn’t always been a thing with iCloud syncing, but I digress. At least it’s coming.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well it’s slightly more than that. Messages already get sent to all devices connected if you have it set up. But what I really want iMessage in iCloud for is cross device message deletion. No more deleting on all devices, delete on one and it deletes on all. Not sure that hasn’t always been a thing with iCloud syncing, but I digress. At least it’s coming.

Oh yea...my overview was a highly over simplified version of what it really is, lol.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh yea...my overview was a highly over simplified version of what it really is, lol.

Thanks for the explanations gentlemen! I want to be able to iMessage from the iCloud site and hopefully that's coming soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the explanations gentlemen! I want to be able to iMessage from the iCloud site and hopefully that's coming soon.

That would be awesome. I don’t think I’d use it all that often but to know that I can hop onto any device with a browser and send and receive messages if needed would be welcomed.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That would be awesome. I don’t think I’d use it all that often but to know that I can hop onto any device with a browser and send and receive messages if needed would be welcomed.

I used the web portal for Verizon's Messages+ all the time at work when I was customer facing so I'd use that feature in iCloud if it were an option.

anon(6014961)

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Apple rushed the 11.2 release to prevent that December 2nd bug from becoming a huge issue. Apple Pay Cash will be live next week.

December 2nd bug? Sorry this is the first I’ve heard of that.

Also, they must be releasing another update next week then, otherwise how would they change what is in the “Wallet and Apple Pay” menu screen?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
December 2nd bug? Sorry this is the first I’ve heard of that.

Also, they must be releasing another update next week then, otherwise how would they change what is in the “Wallet and Apple Pay” menu screen?

A bug was introduced at 12:15a this morning which caused phones/springboard to crash on OS specific notifications.

11.2 has the necessary code for Apple Pay Cash. They just need to flip the switch. Those of us on the beta already have it showing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro