Have you used Apple Pay?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
The reason I ask is because my iPhone saved me an embarrassment at the drive through for a fast food restaurant. I was running late for work so decided to stop by and get some food and coffee. Once my order was taken, I proceeded to drive up to the window. I reached for my wallet and my back pocket was empty! I panicked for 2 seconds until I realized I had my iPhone with me and the vendor took Apple Pay.

So I quickly paid for my food and drink using my iPhone saving me an embarrassment while multiple vehicles were waiting behind me. This isn't the first time I've used my iPhone for payment but it was the first time using it because I forgot my wallet at home.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Glad you had your phone with you!

I indeed have used it before, it's simply fantastic!
And the most amazing thing about it is that not only does it work where merchants accept Apple Pay, but everywhere contactless payments are accepted (Flash Interac or PayPass, I believe they're called).

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time in the UK. Used it about 4 times today. The car park i was in had a contactless reader on it so even used it there. All the shops I use now are all contactless. It's really quick to use and totally safe!!

Last edited:

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPhone 6S plus wherever tap to pay is available. The only issue I've ever had is a machine with the raised sides so that others can't see you entering your PIN. I think I wasn't holding it close enough or the machine couldn't detect my phone for some other reason. I never see the Apple Pay logo anywhere but use it to pay at any tap machine. (I'm in Canada.)

Remington Steel

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Pretty amazing, it's the future of payment where we no longer physical cards

I was just about to post that. This is the future folks...we need to embrace it. Although I think cash will always be around, I think within the next 10 years, most major establishments will not accept it. By the year 2050, we will all have "chips" in our hand to scan.....lol

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I use Apple Pay frequently. In fact, I used it earlier this afternoon when I was out shopping and stopped at Panera to pick up lunch. I find it very convenient. Never left my wallet home when I needed to shop, but it's definitely a perk to be able to use Apple Pay at certain places.

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I use it all the time - so much so I often don't even carry a wallet with me. It's always fun watching old people stand on in amazement :laughing:. I only wish you could withdraw cash from an ATM with it!

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have used it, and I have a love/hate relationship with Apple Pay... it's fantastic, but sometimes it makes spending money too easy. Best Buy taking Apple Pay on their app makes spontaneous splurging too simple. DoorDash also takes Apple Pay, so sudden inconvenient cravings are too easy to satisfy!

iPhone1033

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
So I just used Apple Pay at Smart N final. It worked. They didn't have any signs advertising it but the employee told me they accept Samsung pay, so I figured if they accept Samsung pay then it should take Apple Pay and it did. I'm glad. So much easier to use.

anon(10210323)

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
I've used Apple Pay once, and that was at an Apple Store when I bought the AppleCare+ protection for my Eye Phone. I tried it another time at KMart but it didn't work - the cashier said their terminals are outdated.

iPhone1033

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I've used Apple Pay once, and that was at an Apple Store when I bought the AppleCare+ protection for my Eye Phone. I tried it another time at KMart but it didn't work - the cashier said their terminals are outdated.

Yea I don't think K-Mart accepts Apple Pay. Once you start using it you soon realized it's so much easier and convenient

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73