Is Apple Pay Working for Anyone?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a 6s Plus, and I set up Apple Pay with two credit cards, three debit cards, and a store card. I tried Apple Pay with the store card at Kohls, and it said "not authorized." When I used the card, it worked fine.

I just tried again with a debit card at Walgreens. Tried twice with Apple Pay. Got the beep, entered my pin, and the screen flashed "not authorized." After two tries, I swiped the card, and it worked fine.

What am I missing here?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It's been working fine for me. In fact, I just used it at Walgreens today. Have you activated the card for Apple Pay with your bank? You might also want to try removing it in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I use Pay frequently, and with the exception of me having a greasy home button, Pay works flawlessly for me. Having said that, initiate the Wallet app, select the card that's giving you problems, and then check to see if it states that it's ready for use or something to that effect.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I use Pay frequently, and with the exception of me having a greasy home button, Pay works flawlessly for me. Having said that, initiate the Wallet app, select the card that's giving you problems, and then check to see if it states that it's ready for use or something to that effect.

They all say "... Is ready for Apple Pay"

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I used Apple Pay yesterday at a grocery store with my Apple Watch and I used it in the Starbucks App today on my iPhone to reload my Starbucks Card. Worked just fine, as always.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had mixed results. Works some of the time, but fails some of the time. At Subway, I put it up to the machine, it buzzed, but it didn't show on the cash register. Tried several times. No go. Never works in McDonald's drive through, but does inside.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Works just fine for me. In fact, just used it at Subway tonight to buy my daughter her dinner.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I've had mixed results. Works some of the time, but fails some of the time. At Subway, I put it up to the machine, it buzzed, but it didn't show on the cash register. Tried several times. No go. Never works in McDonald's drive through, but does inside.

This is my experience, mixed results. Depends on the card, depends on the place, etc. 9 out of 10 times it's just easier to use my card in the traditional way. That being said I LOVE wallet for event tickets, movie, sports, theater, etc THAT works great!

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a problem with Apple Pay on my phone or watch. i just used it this morning at the grocery. Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think what worries me about it is that it has yet to work. If it were hit or miss, I'd figure it was just flaky, but since it never works in wondering what I'm doing?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think what worries me about it is that it has yet to work. If it were hit or miss, I'd figure it was just flaky, but since it never works in wondering what I'm doing?

Have you tried different cards? Some banks just don't support it, at least one of mine is in that category (for the record they don't support Android Pay either)

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried different cards? Some banks just don't support it, at least one of mine is in that category (for the record they don't support Android Pay either)

When you try to set it up, it tells you your bank doesn't support Apple Pay (I have one card that is unsupported). I've tried it with a Kohl's card and two debit cards so far. I haven't tried it with one of the other credit cards yet. It's only at the McDonalds and Walgreens in town, and I don't go to either very often.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
When you try to set it up, it tells you your bank doesn't support Apple Pay (I have one card that is unsupported). I've tried it with a Kohl's card and two debit cards so far. I haven't tried it with one of the other credit cards yet. It's only at the McDonalds and Walgreens in town, and I don't go to either very often.

Could something be wrong with your NFC? Maybe take the device to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic on it, JUST to be sure. Even if you are out of warranty they likely won't charge you for the diagnostic. And if you ARE under warranty or AppleCare the repair/replacement is free too. :)

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Could something be wrong with your NFC? Maybe take the device to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic on it, JUST to be sure. Even if you are out of warranty they likely won't charge you for the diagnostic. And if you ARE under warranty or AppleCare the repair/replacement is free too. :)

That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that. I know it is actually communicating, since it registers, but the payment part doesn't work.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Check with the card providers that Apple Pay is supported, and your cards have been approved for use with it. Many card providers have a (phone) security setup stage before phone payments can be accepted to the card account.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234