Is Apple Pay Working for Anyone?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Would Apple Pay still indicate that the card is ready (even if I still have to call the bank)?

No. It should indicate that the bank needs to be contacted and display a phone number to call. That was my experience anyway.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The issue I have been having especially at CVS some Dunkin Donuts it keeps asking to me to insert chip even though I'm using Apple Pay.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
if you don't tell the cashier you're using AP, it will not work when you tap the sensor. They have to actually press a button on their register, before you try to tap the sensor. It's very annoying sometimes, because a lot of the foreign cashiers, have no clue what you're talking about, until after the third or fourth try.

I get this same thing at McDonald's. First, since I only use drive-thru, I have to say "No, not apple pie. Apple Pay". I need to get an Pay sticker for my car window. The, I often have to remind them to "push the button". I don't know what button, but they do and it gets done.

Since I go to one McDonald's too often, I've got most of their staff trained. If P really takes off, maybe someone will make a more portable sensor for drive-thru use.

I haven't needed to try Walgreen's, and I didn't know CVS started taking it, but it worked perfectly at Chick-Fli-A. But that might be because the girl at the register was wearing a Sport.

uncleZZ

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
My wife is using Apple Pay in China every day, it seems to work in most places.

She used WeChat Pay yesterday, which is also quite common especially when paying PtoP ( I use it to pay factory samples on the spot). It's funny to observe, you pull phone from your pocket, open WeChat, let the store scan your QR code, then accept the payment. That takes about 30-40sec.

Next we went to Watson's where the casher already knew her habits. I didn't see if see really paid so I had to ask her what happened. It went like this, the cashier put her stuff in a plastic bag and placed it on the desk, when my wife reached it with her left hand the Apple Watch passed the Apple Pay reader, she then turned around and took the receipt with her right hand and walked away. Payment took 1 second, receipt another 5 sec, you don't even need the receipt. Magic.

I have seen nifty readers in restaurants, they basically touch your Apple Watch and that's it. In most stores the reader is on the table and you kind of have to position the AW in right way by twisting your arm, not good. Burger King has it about right, just lift your arm.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't needed to try Walgreen's, and I didn't know CVS started taking it, but it worked perfectly at Chick-Fli-A. But that might be because the girl at the register was wearing a Sport.

Didn't realize it was at Chick-Fil-A.... I wonder if @mumfoau knows?!?! ;)

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Have Apple Pay on my 6S, it works where it's accepted and never had any issues as long as Apple Pay is accepted. Recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S7 & activated Samsung Pay, Samsung Pay works everywhere, anywhere there is a credit card machine Samsung Pay is accepted. Why isn't Apple Pay accepted everywhere like Samsung Pay? I think Apple Pay came out 1 year before Samsung Pay. Never been declined anywhere a credit card is accepted, I find that fantastic!!!

MichaelLamberson

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried different cards? Some banks just don't support it, at least one of mine is in that category (for the record they don't support Android Pay either) "It must be Chase"

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried different cards? Some banks just don't support it, at least one of mine is in that category (for the record they don't support Android Pay either) "It must be Chase"

Yes. It has failed with Kohl's and two USAA debit cards. It doesn't let me add my Citibank card, since Apple Pay doesn't work with Citibank. I haven't tried it with the Capital One card yet.

brandnew11

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Things actually work offline(with instore transactions not web based/app based apple pay) so if there are any issues. It's the register ur at.

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
About a month ago a couple of Petco pet supply near me swapped out their system and Apple Pay stopped working but the clerk assured me it's a corporate issue and said it would be back to working soon..

spamcat

Jul 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, when I first used Apple Pay I had a lot of trouble. But now its all sorted so everything is good.
Problem one: I needed to ring the bank to authorise the registration on Apple Pay.
Problem two: in some shops it takes a little bit of time (20 to 30 seconds) before the shop's reader is ready. So I present the card early and nothing is ready.
Hope your problem is sorted

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, when I first used Apple Pay I had a lot of trouble. But now its all sorted so everything is good.
Problem one: I needed to ring the bank to authorise the registration on Apple Pay.
Problem two: in some shops it takes a little bit of time (20 to 30 seconds) before the shop's reader is ready. So I present the card early and nothing is ready.
Hope your problem is sorted

Well, I've been using Apple Pay flawlessly for a few weeks now. It looks like Walgreens and Kohl's were flukes (just the first ones, so it seemed like a problem). I just got an Apple Watch this week too, and Apple Pay works perfectly there too. Really loving it!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Apple Pay all the time.
I recently forgot my wallet at home and had a cart full of stuff. I used Apple Pay with no problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711