We have recieved an email about buying an RV thru Apple Pay, just want to know how safe this is?

I

iMore Question

we have recieved an email about buying an rv thru apple pay just want to know how safe this is

we found an ad for an rv on craigs list, emailed the seller and he says it is Utah all details are set up through apple pay with delievery , inspection and a 5 day inspection, just don't want to be scamed

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: we have recieved an email about buying an rv thru apple pay just want to know how safe this is

Before you waste any more time check the transaction limit for AP. Here in UK it is usually ?30 so probably U$50 except for selected-approved merchants which sounds unlikely for CL - so I hope it is a very cheap RV.

Being realistic about it, I would want to inspect the vehicle before I committed to buying and payment, particularly from Craigslist. That makes it kind of academic how you eventually pay at this stage because you would be there in person. In the event that you do buy remotely I would read the terms very carefully for the card you intend to use either directly or through AP. I think you will find payments using Apple Pay are at least as final as the underlying card. If you pay and the RV is a wreck or never arrives, the risk to you is the same regardless whether you Apple Pay or the raw card. The only good thing about Apple Pay in this situation is that you never actually disclose details of the supporting account and card so the risk of card fraud (cloning) is reduced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711