Problem with Apple Pay, why does it tick sometimes?

Corey Rawlinson

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Problem with Apple Pay.

Hi, i was at McDonald's the other day and i tried using Apple Pay, when i had put my phone on the reader my phone came up with a tick but the lady had said it didn't go through so i tried again and it worked the second time. This has happened to me on a few occasions please help thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with Apple Pay.

There's no telling what that was about. Does it do that only at McD's? Where else have you used it? Maybe it's them and not you! Just keep using it. You'll get more accustomed to it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Problem with Apple Pay.

Hi, i was at McDonald's the other day and i tried using Apple Pay, when i had put my phone on the reader my phone came up with a tick but the lady had said it didn't go through so i tried again and it worked the second time. This has happened to me on a few occasions please help thank you.

It happens on occasion. Just keep watch over your account.

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

The record of transactions is available in the Wallet app. Your last transaction should appear below the image of the card, and if you tap the (i) symbol bottom right of the screen you get a full list. One way or another you should be able to check if payment failed or not.

The checkmark seems to come up to indicate communication with the terminal. Most likely your phone moved slightly and went out of range just before the transaction went through.

Anilu7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Branta. That happened to me too. Got the tick and vibrate twice but no transaction. They gave me the receipt that told me it was declined.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal