It would be great if Apple could incorporate Apple Pay for the Mac however I wonder how that would work...

I suppose a simple way would be that Continuity could be implemented where the Mac would recognise an iPhone 6 and above is near and when your doing your shopping, it triggers a message saying "Please authorise this payment using Touch ID on your iPhone now" with maybe a 10 second countdown timer (for security reasons) so that after 10 seconds the transaction does not go ahead or something to that effect
    03-28-2016 08:57 AM
    It would be great if Apple could incorporate Apple Pay for the Mac however I wonder how that would work...

I suppose a simple way would be that Continuity could be implemented where the Mac would recognise an iPhone 6 and above is near and when your doing your shopping, it triggers a message saying "Please authorise this payment using Touch ID on your iPhone now" with maybe a 10 second countdown timer (for security reasons) so that after 10 seconds the transaction does not go ahead or something to that effect
    Why would it be necessary to have  Pay on a Mac tho? The convenience of Pay is so that you don't have to have your credit or debit card with you. Most people just use the keychain feature of Safari to have their CC or DC info stored so that you don't have to pull your card out of your wallet while using your computer.
    03-28-2016 09:38 PM
    Didn't really think about that (clearly!) suppose that makes sense!!

I've recently (like 3-6 months ago) switched wholesale to Apple, bar Apple TV, and finding everything new and exciting!

I figured if there was value of having Touch ID style payment on iOS then I thought the same could be said for Mac OS X although there would have to be a Touch ID sensor built into the Mac in order for it to be convenient or work at all

Just throwing ideas around!
    luminosity6 likes this.
    03-29-2016 05:27 AM