How to use it?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Firstly, I'm posting this from Tapatalk, to this section. Currently, I see no posts here.

Is there a guide or something that shows how to use Apple Pay? I believe I have my card setup, but...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From the lock screen, double tap the home button. Don't push. It should bring up the Pay screen.
4bd22b56cb470780948d9c9bd44dd907.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try McD's or Subway.

McDonald's is probably the fastest to use with regard to Pay. It is in my experience. With Subway, the clerk has to push a button or something prior to you being able to pay via Pay - at least that's been my experience with the one I frequent.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
McDonald's is probably the fastest to use with regard to Pay. It is in my experience. With Subway, the clerk has to push a button or something prior to you being able to pay via Pay - at least that's been my experience with the one I frequent.

My bank just recently added it. I have yet to use it. I forget it in the drive thru.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My bank just recently added it. I have yet to use it. I forget it in the drive thru.

Using Pay is awesome! In regard to McDonald's, I've never used it at the Drive-thru, but I've used it numerous times when dining in. It's very fast.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Finally I have my card setup correctly. With the iPhone 6S Plus, it appears one has to double click the home button, from the locked screen.

luminosity6

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Ah, brilliant. It seems relatively easy. Now to test it somewhere, without feeling embarrassed :)

I waited too long to try it not wanting to hold up a line or whatever. I finally did it a few months back - I had my phone unlocked/awake in a no-line situation and asked the cashier how to pay with Apple Pay. She didn't know how to do it so she asked her manager to come over and he showed us both. She had never seen anything like it and thought it was so cool. So I ended up showing someone else new instead of ending up being embarrassed.

Same day I went to second store (now wanting to use this everywhere) and the cashier's eyes lit up and he began asking me what was that, how do you do that, what is the app called and he just couldn't wait to get it.

So I had a first great day with my Apple Pay. One tip I can give, echoing another person's comment, is don't press down on the fingerprint reader. Somehow I didn't know that at first. Just rest finger on there and get your phone to the reader to tap - warning: it's addictive :)

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I use it all the time in the UK. Used it about 4 times today. The car park i was in had a contactless reader on it so even used it there. All the shops I use now are all contactless. It's really quick to use and totally safe!!

Last edited:

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Double-tap from the home button works from the lock screen but you can also open your Wallet app and use a registered fingerprint to pay just by resting your finger on the Home button. And it's accepted everywhere they accept contactless payment =)