So I was in Walmart last night and noticed that they've upgraded (replaced) their credit card terminals in preparation for the EMV Chip implementation. Although I know that Walmart will be pushing CurrenC (?) I was still dismayed to learn that their new terminals don't include NFC. This seems like a huge waste. If you are going to go through the trouble to replace your terminals, why not include NFC on the new terminals? I guess Walmart still insists on playing hardball, but part of me hopes that CurrenC will be a miserable failure. I think a smarter business decision would've been to install new terminals that also included NFC just in case.
    06-22-2015 08:04 PM
    06-22-2015 08:06 PM
    It's freaking Walmart - the company that has provided fodder for a plethora of "The People of..." websites. And the company whose stores regularly feature stuff like this:

No need to me amazed at anything they "crank out".
    06-22-2015 08:10 PM
    Ha ha good point.
    06-22-2015 08:23 PM
    It's freaking Walmart - the company that has provided fodder for a plethora of "The People of..." websites. And the company whose stores regularly feature stuff like this:

[video]https://youtu.be/ywJKZhLJKRw[/url]

No need to me amazed at anything they "crank out".
    The CurrenC is a WalMart issue and is sad that they did not include NFC enabled credit card terminals.

The people in the video are just people and not affiliated with the store...I don't think the store planted these folks into this particular store to act out like crazy morons...just my $.02...
    06-24-2015 01:11 PM
    I just say no to Walmart.
    06-24-2015 07:03 PM
    The CurrenC is a WalMart issue and is sad that they did not include NFC enabled credit card terminals.

The people in the video are just people and not affiliated with the store...I don't think the store planted these folks into this particular store to act out like crazy morons...just my $.02...
    I haven't been inside a Walmart in 5 years or more. I could care less. I get it that it's money "left on the table" for Apple, but WalMart is committed to Current-C, regardless of how much of a kludge or cluster-***k it is, so I doubt they care much, either.
    06-24-2015 07:09 PM