ApplePay has worked really well generally, but lately a couple of times (at McDonald's) I place the phone on/near the NFC reader, with my finger on the sensor, the phone wakes up, see's that a payment is available, but just sits there saying "hold near reader" or some such. It never authenticates the payment, and if I turn off of the screen and try again, it doesn't bring up the pay dialog. Is there some way to "restart" a payment attempt? I can't find any documentation of this.
    03-06-2015 10:11 AM
    I've had that happen at McD's as well but I think it's their equipment. It's worked at one terminal but not another at the same store.
    03-06-2015 10:25 AM
    ApplePay has worked really well generally, but lately a couple of times (at McDonald's) I place the phone on/near the NFC reader, with my finger on the sensor, the phone wakes up, see's that a payment is available, but just sits there saying "hold near reader" or some such. It never authenticates the payment, and if I turn off of the screen and try again, it doesn't bring up the pay dialog. Is there some way to "restart" a payment attempt? I can't find any documentation of this.
    I don't think there is a restart a payment feature, but I assume that if you exit out of the Passbook app, and then restart it, you should be able to start the payment process over again. I've haven't had that happen yet so I'm only guessing.
    03-06-2015 12:20 PM
    Yea, OK, I get that, but it just seems like there should be a process to "retry" the payment. It's so cool when it works that it's really annoying when it doesn't.
    03-06-2015 02:35 PM
    I have only had issues if the stores NFC reader was defective. Apple Pay has worked 100% when the stores equipment is working.
    03-06-2015 02:45 PM
    Before taking my boys to watch a movie earlier, we stopped by a nearby McDonald's and dined in. I paid with Pay and it was quick and flawless. That is how paying with Pay should be at Walgreen's, in my opinion. Anyway, the hostess thanked me for my payment and gave me the receipt, and as always, I immediately scanned the receipt using the Scannable app and then saved it in my Evernote Receipts folder...
    03-07-2015 09:10 PM