When using Apple Pay does the user still need to sign their name on the credit card device?

RickKnight

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I used Apple Pay at Office Depot. Everything went smooth. But I was surprised when the cashier requested me to sign my name on the credit card device as we used to do after swipping our credit card. Does the user still need to sign their name? Or is the cashier misinformed?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Probably still a learning process and policies and procedures are still being developed. I know even with traditional credit cards things are always changing. Nowadays often if the charge is less than 25 dollars you are not required to sign anymore.

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
It could just be the terminal prompting for a signature as if you paid with an actual credit card. It could also be a store policy.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Used it a bunch of places where I didn't need to sign (Subway (restaurant), gas stations that have reader, airport convenience stores in Canada (Toronto and Quebec)). Today at my local grocery store though, I had to sign. I don't know if the signature is needed based on amount (like at many gas stations), or if it's vendor dependent. Either way, it's cool. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh