#SupportApplePay

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Now seeing how idiotic the alternative is i have hope. I believe the banks will step in as someone here has pointed out.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand it will be to the retailers advantage to use Current C because the payment will come direct from the bank, so no middleman CC company’s. It’s going to be a wait and see.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
When you buy a TV with visa trans you get a but if protection for faulty goods. Plus the merchant pays the processing fee. When you do Debit its - all sales final- SOL - and you pay an even larger fee. This CurrentC takes that line of thinking and puts it on steroids. I really hope people aren't dumb enough to hook their bank accounts directly to this network with the promise of coupons.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Now seeing how idiotic the alternative is i have hope. I believe the banks will step in as someone here has pointed out.

Especially since I've gotten several emails from my credit cards that it is now available. They are really behind it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Hope fully this cr*ps out and they just waste their own money and time. And hopefully the regular people are smarter than this and don't use their cr*p system.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The way I see it the retailers have every right to do as they choose. Their stores Their rules. They rejected Apple's app in other words.

Apple made mobile payments a thing now that is gaining traction. Retailers want more control. Now is the time. And as Apple developers haven't quite figured out there is strength in numbers.

Time will tell where it all goes. For now I don't really care and consider Apple pay more of a gimmick that just began a long beta period. Apple has to sweeten the deal for me to get me to waste my time with it.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
You haven't tried it yet, have you? It does the opposite of waste your time, plus the added benefit of being more secure than your credit card alone.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's just going to be a pissing war .. Cvs and others will cave because banks like visa and MasterCard will make them or offer then lower cost fees on Apple pay vs swiping a card ... Personally I think a retailer should take money how they can get it now a days and accepts all payment options they physically can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, first RiteAid, now CVS. I am fine with companies not accepting Apple Pay, especially if they don't yet have the hardware. What I can't stand is companies that already have the technology available, and purposefully disable support because they have a financial interest in a competitive product. So, as it is their right to turn off the ability to accept ApplePay, it is my right to go elsewhere. Walgreens has now earned my business.

I've sent a few tweets to CVS with the #SupportApplePay hashtag, and thought I would post here, as the more voices, the louder, and the higher chance we are heard.

Maybe even our Google Wallet using Android brethren fron AndroidCentral will take part in this campaign to #SupportApplePay!

They will be Supporting it ... After They release their system up in 2015. They don't want people to be using it while they set it up. At least I think i remember reading that somewhere

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The way I see it the retailers have every right to do as they choose. Their stores Their rules. They rejected Apple's app in other words.

Apple made mobile payments a thing now that is gaining traction. Retailers want more control. Now is the time. And as Apple developers haven't quite figured out there is strength in numbers.

Time will tell where it all goes. For now I don't really care and consider Apple pay more of a gimmick that just began a long beta period. Apple has to sweeten the deal for me to get me to waste my time with it.

A Gimmick? Umm IT is more secure then using a Tech that was made during World War 2. Credit cards didn't start using magnetic tape till the 60's but the Tech was invented in the mid 40's for audio recording i believe

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
When you buy a TV with visa trans you get a but if protection for faulty goods. Plus the merchant pays the processing fee. When you do Debit its - all sales final- SOL - and you pay an even larger fee. This CurrentC takes that line of thinking and puts it on steroids. I really hope people aren't dumb enough to hook their bank accounts directly to this network with the promise of coupons.

No That is quite a Lie your telling... Debit is NOT all Sales final .... If Somebody stole my Debit card and decided to go buy some crap I am not liable for it except for $50 i believe. You will get your money back

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No That is quite a Lie your telling... Debit is NOT all Sales final .... If Somebody stole my Debit card and decided to go buy some crap I am not liable for it except for $50 i believe. You will get your money back

The "all sales are final" part is not used in the right context, but his concept is right. Many credit card companies do offer extra coverage and protection against defective or broken devices. I haven't seen a bank that offers this kind of protection through debit transactions.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The "all sales are final" part is not used in the right context, but his concept is right. Many credit card companies do offer extra coverage and protection against defective or broken devices. I haven't seen a bank that offers this kind of protection through debit transactions.
What concept? You get your money back if it isn't you spending it... The extra coverage is a bunch of BS on most cases requires you to pay the full price and If I remember the terms can't even be on sale. Chase only requires some sort of charge on their cards but the others require all.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
What concept? You get your money back if it isn't you spending it... The extra coverage is a bunch of BS on most cases requires you to pay the full price and If I remember the terms can't even be on sale. Chase only requires some sort of charge on their cards but the others require all.

The coverage from companies like Visa is usually extremely good. Nothing to do with being on sale or not. I think you're extremely confused here.

The fellow you posted said nothing about money you didn't spend. Not sure where you're pulling that from. He mentioned nothing about scams at all, nor did I. You seem to be wandering aimlessly.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The coverage from companies like Visa is usually extremely good. Nothing to do with being on sale or not. I think you're extremely confused here.

The fellow you posted said nothing about money you didn't spend. Not sure where you're pulling that from. He mentioned nothing about scams at all, nor did I. You seem to be wandering aimlessly.
He said all sale are final... They aren't....

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
He said all sale are final... They aren't....

Maybe I was being overly dramatic with the phrase but the point is if you pay cash it's you against the store policies. Having paid cash you have no recourse if they sold junk and won't accept the return in a way satisfactory to you. VISA absolutely holds them to a standard. And since they can move the money back you have some leverage you would not have with cash. Regardless of this allowing debit at checkout (which is the default) you pay a fee and they don't. That alone is a reason not to use debit and use visa trans instead. The protection is real and can be very helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal