When you buy a TV with visa trans you get a but if protection for faulty goods. Plus the merchant pays the processing fee. When you do Debit its - all sales final- SOL - and you pay an even larger fee. This CurrentC takes that line of thinking and puts it on steroids. I really hope people aren't dumb enough to hook their bank accounts directly to this network with the promise of coupons.
    iSRS and nj1266 like this.
    10-25-2014 06:19 PM
    When you buy a TV with visa trans you get a but if protection for faulty goods. Plus the merchant pays the processing fee. When you do Debit its - all sales final- SOL - and you pay an even larger fee. This CurrentC takes that line of thinking and puts it on steroids. I really hope people aren't dumb enough to hook their bank accounts directly to this network with the promise of coupons.
    Yeah I never ever use a debit card. I don't want that hooked into my bank account. I use CC all the time. And pay it off in full every month.
    calebt likes this.
    10-25-2014 06:39 PM
    Yeah I never ever use a debit card. I don't want that hooked into my bank account. I use CC all the time. And pay it off in full every month.
    Yes and you get the points.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-25-2014 06:47 PM
    Now seeing how idiotic the alternative is i have hope. I believe the banks will step in as someone here has pointed out.
    Especially since I've gotten several emails from my credit cards that it is now available. They are really behind it.
    10-25-2014 07:23 PM
    Here's another article about it.
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techc...3/83DqvVjvNyU/
    CurrentC is all about reducing the CC fees retailers pay to the banks than helping consumers out. What they don't get is that by reducing pay friction, ApplePay (and other NFC systems like Google Wallet) will encourage consumers to buy more and more often. I really don't care about reducing the fees Walmart pays to banks/Visa/MasterCard because they just want to pad their bottom line not reduce consumer prices.
    10-25-2014 07:30 PM
    Hope fully this cr*ps out and they just waste their own money and time. And hopefully the regular people are smarter than this and don't use their cr*p system.
    10-25-2014 08:59 PM
    The way I see it the retailers have every right to do as they choose. Their stores Their rules. They rejected Apple's app in other words.

Apple made mobile payments a thing now that is gaining traction. Retailers want more control. Now is the time. And as Apple developers haven't quite figured out there is strength in numbers.

Time will tell where it all goes. For now I don't really care and consider Apple pay more of a gimmick that just began a long beta period. Apple has to sweeten the deal for me to get me to waste my time with it.
    10-25-2014 09:33 PM
    You haven't tried it yet, have you? It does the opposite of waste your time, plus the added benefit of being more secure than your credit card alone.
    10-26-2014 10:31 PM
    It's just going to be a pissing war .. Cvs and others will cave because banks like visa and MasterCard will make them or offer then lower cost fees on Apple pay vs swiping a card ... Personally I think a retailer should take money how they can get it now a days and accepts all payment options they physically can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 03:01 AM
    Lol at the Currentc app reviews in both iTunes and Google Pay.
    They've already pissed off all of their potential customers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curr...mUvbUpU2380715

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.currentc
    10-27-2014 09:24 AM
    Ok, first RiteAid, now CVS. I am fine with companies not accepting Apple Pay, especially if they don't yet have the hardware. What I can't stand is companies that already have the technology available, and purposefully disable support because they have a financial interest in a competitive product. So, as it is their right to turn off the ability to accept ApplePay, it is my right to go elsewhere. Walgreens has now earned my business.

I've sent a few tweets to CVS with the #SupportApplePay hashtag, and thought I would post here, as the more voices, the louder, and the higher chance we are heard.

Maybe even our Google Wallet using Android brethren fron AndroidCentral will take part in this campaign to #SupportApplePay!
    They will be Supporting it ... After They release their system up in 2015. They don't want people to be using it while they set it up. At least I think i remember reading that somewhere
    10-27-2014 09:37 AM
    The way I see it the retailers have every right to do as they choose. Their stores Their rules. They rejected Apple's app in other words.

Apple made mobile payments a thing now that is gaining traction. Retailers want more control. Now is the time. And as Apple developers haven't quite figured out there is strength in numbers.

Time will tell where it all goes. For now I don't really care and consider Apple pay more of a gimmick that just began a long beta period. Apple has to sweeten the deal for me to get me to waste my time with it.
    A Gimmick? Umm IT is more secure then using a Tech that was made during World War 2. Credit cards didn't start using magnetic tape till the 60's but the Tech was invented in the mid 40's for audio recording i believe
    10-27-2014 09:40 AM
    No That is quite a Lie your telling... Debit is NOT all Sales final .... If Somebody stole my Debit card and decided to go buy some crap I am not liable for it except for $50 i believe. You will get your money back
    10-27-2014 09:43 AM
    No That is quite a Lie your telling... Debit is NOT all Sales final .... If Somebody stole my Debit card and decided to go buy some crap I am not liable for it except for $50 i believe. You will get your money back
    The "all sales are final" part is not used in the right context, but his concept is right. Many credit card companies do offer extra coverage and protection against defective or broken devices. I haven't seen a bank that offers this kind of protection through debit transactions.
    10-27-2014 09:53 AM
    Even though I can't use NFC and ApplePay in my country, I still am an advocate of ApplePay.
    10-27-2014 10:24 AM
    The "all sales are final" part is not used in the right context, but his concept is right. Many credit card companies do offer extra coverage and protection against defective or broken devices. I haven't seen a bank that offers this kind of protection through debit transactions.
    What concept? You get your money back if it isn't you spending it... The extra coverage is a bunch of BS on most cases requires you to pay the full price and If I remember the terms can't even be on sale. Chase only requires some sort of charge on their cards but the others require all.
    10-27-2014 12:45 PM
    What concept? You get your money back if it isn't you spending it... The extra coverage is a bunch of BS on most cases requires you to pay the full price and If I remember the terms can't even be on sale. Chase only requires some sort of charge on their cards but the others require all.
    The coverage from companies like Visa is usually extremely good. Nothing to do with being on sale or not. I think you're extremely confused here.

The fellow you posted said nothing about money you didn't spend. Not sure where you're pulling that from. He mentioned nothing about scams at all, nor did I. You seem to be wandering aimlessly.
    10-27-2014 01:08 PM
    The coverage from companies like Visa is usually extremely good. Nothing to do with being on sale or not. I think you're extremely confused here.

The fellow you posted said nothing about money you didn't spend. Not sure where you're pulling that from. He mentioned nothing about scams at all, nor did I. You seem to be wandering aimlessly.
    He said all sale are final... They aren't....
    10-27-2014 01:37 PM
    He said all sale are final... They aren't....
    Maybe I was being overly dramatic with the phrase but the point is if you pay cash it's you against the store policies. Having paid cash you have no recourse if they sold junk and won't accept the return in a way satisfactory to you. VISA absolutely holds them to a standard. And since they can move the money back you have some leverage you would not have with cash. Regardless of this allowing debit at checkout (which is the default) you pay a fee and they don't. That alone is a reason not to use debit and use visa trans instead. The protection is real and can be very helpful.
    10-27-2014 03:57 PM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curr...mUvbUpU2381377

That is hilarious. That is awesome. That is all.
    Scatabrain likes this.
    10-27-2014 09:23 PM
    I had thought I wouldn't download the app but if you want to rate you have to download. I hope the dummies don't confuse or try to spin it as interest in their app.
    10-27-2014 10:45 PM

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/curr...mUvbUpU2381534

That is awesome.
    10-28-2014 12:31 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD