Well, I couldn't wait to download ios 8.1 just to try out apple pay.
    But it turns out to be quite disappointing. It doesn't support most business credit cards. I use a Chase business card for almost everything.
    I read that a lot of people that have the Chase/Amazon card are pissed too, since that is not supported either.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6288

Ohh well.....

PS, all the apple can do no wrong zombies, please spare me the "just use a different credit card" response.
    Smply_Rcklss likes this.
    10-20-2014 04:12 PM
    Ha! It gets even worse. If you try to add one of these unsupported card, and it gives a not supported error, click on the "learn more" link, and it gives you a list of supported cards. Only Chase Visa cards are supported for Chase. No Mastercard.
    10-20-2014 04:16 PM
    Well, I couldn't wait to download ios 8.1 just to try out apple pay.
    But it turns out to be quite disappointing. It doesn't support most business credit cards. I use a Chase business card for almost everything.
    I read that a lot of people that have the Chase/Amazon card are pissed too, since that is not supported either.

Ohh well.....

PS, all the apple can do no wrong zombies, please spare me the "just use a different credit card" response.
    I can't believe anyone would be surprised that an Amazon.com branded card isn't supported. They are competitors in lots of ways. As for business cards, I have no idea.
    10-20-2014 04:17 PM
    Yeah, I know what you meant but that's almost like Amazon refusing to sell any products made by apple or for apple. Or better yet, not allowing the use of apple pay for anything from Samsung.
    10-20-2014 04:20 PM
    And the supported card is not Apples fault. The bank needs to support it. I have my Amex and Capital One card already loaded and ready to be used.
    10-20-2014 04:22 PM
    I know technically it isn't Apple's fault. But I just tried my United Airlines Chase Mastercard (personal card), that didn't work either.
    My Discover card didn't work either.

Let's put it this way. I just came out with a better product than Apple pay. Merchants will have a scanner, that you just aim at your pants pocket, and it can read your credit card number thru your denim jeans and leather wallet, and automatically verify that it is your card by looking at your face and running it thru the FBI database, and then scanning your brain to see if you really authorize the charge. All this in 1 second.
    However, no credit card companies currently support it. Only a few big merchants support it.

Believe me, I am not trying to trash Apple here, but so far, I am not impressed at all. Chase Bank if I am not mistaken is the biggest (or close to) bank in the country. I have 4 different credit cards with them. Both personal and business. None of them are accepted by Apple Pay. I really wanted this to work. But so far, granted only 24 hours old, it is a big let down.
    10-21-2014 09:20 AM
    Did you really expect it to have a lot of cards supported on day 1. It's going to take a while to adapt to most things. This is like saying its a big disappointment because best buy doesn't support it yet. Give it time. More companies will adopt this.
    10-21-2014 09:45 AM
    I put my Citibank MasterCard in and it worked right away. I am sure other banks will begin to support it in the near future. I'm not ready to say something is a big disappointment after one day of use. I plan on giving it a month or two before I form my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 6 finally!
    10-21-2014 09:46 AM
    Ironically apple pay is turning out to be a bit of a boost for Google Wallet...works at all the same readers with no card restrictions. I like the apple pay system on my 6 plus, but getting more use out of my lowly moto x for payments. ..
    10-26-2014 08:52 PM
    It has been awesome for me. I only have one card and it is a debit card from Chase and it works. So I have been using Apple Pay like crazy over the last few days.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 09:17 PM
    It has been awesome for me. I only have one card and it is a debit card from Chase and it works. So I have been using Apple Pay like crazy over the last few days.
    Using your debit card, does it ask for a pin number for each transaction?
    10-27-2014 11:15 AM
    I use Wells Fargo and Capital One. Both loaded and working great.
    10-27-2014 09:14 PM
    Using your debit card, does it ask for a pin number for each transaction?
    I don't use it as a debit. I choose credit and you don't have to use a pin then.
    10-28-2014 09:30 PM
    Works fine with my Chase card. Loving it! Far from being a disappointment. It's the best iteration of NFC payments to date. Apple has done a great job of making it secure too. More cards will be supported in due time.
    11-08-2014 02:25 PM
    Hasn't Apple pay actually hindered Google wallet? It seems like I remember a couple of store shutting down NFC payments all together because of Apple pay. Anyway, I wish they'd let me use NFC for tags and other purposes like pairing to my speaker systems. Not just paying for stuff... Maybe soon they will. Doubt it though. file transfer would be nice too honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-07-2014 03:40 AM
    Works fine with my Chase card. Loving it! Far from being a disappointment. It's the best iteration of NFC payments to date. Apple has done a great job of making it secure too. More cards will be supported in due time.
    I have tried to use Apple Pay at walgreens and other places that claims to support NFL payment, at 3 separate occasion, always declined.
    I have yet to have a successful transaction using apple pay. I'm using it with Chase Freedom card, which is supported.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    12-23-2014 05:17 PM
    I have tried to use Apple Pay at walgreens and other places that claims to support NFL payment, at 3 separate occasion, always declined.
    I have yet to have a successful transaction using apple pay. I'm using it with Chase Freedom card, which is supported.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Assuming that you meant "NFC" payment, not "NFL" payment.
    12-23-2014 07:09 PM
    Works very well for me.

12-23-2014 07:42 PM
    Will Apple pay work with the 5s? I'm reading tech articles stating it wont with the 5s.
    02-02-2015 08:34 AM
    Will Apple pay work with the 5s? I'm reading tech articles stating it wont with the 5s.
    Here's what you need to use Apple Pay:
    iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus (Apple Pay in stores and within apps)
    iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 (Apple Pay within apps)
    iOS 8.1 or later
    United States as your selected region
    Touch ID or passcode on your device
    iCloud account
    Supported credit or debit card from a participating bank

Source: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201469
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    02-02-2015 08:58 AM
    Apple pay seems really cool but it is a big disappointment for me because I got the iPhone 6 on release date and till this day, still not able to use or even try Apple pay in Canada. Why is that? And why release a feature that you can't even use even tho it's been a few months since the iphone 6 released
    03-11-2015 08:43 AM
    From what I've read back in Jan it was possibly going to be a March debut for AP in Canada. They were still negotiating back in January.

03-11-2015 08:59 AM
    Apple just makes the software. It is up to the individual bank to allow its use. That is completely out of Apple's control. My bank doesn't support Apple Pay yet but I know that's the bank's decision and not Apple's.
    03-14-2015 08:11 PM
    Apple Pay works and works well! I've used it successfully in Canada too (traveling)... Just need a U.S. credit card.
    03-14-2015 08:20 PM
    Ha! It gets even worse. If you try to add one of these unsupported card, and it gives a not supported error, click on the "learn more" link, and it gives you a list of supported cards. Only Chase Visa cards are supported for Chase. No Mastercard.
    Because Chase has been moving to Visa's for a while now. They don't offer any more Mastercards except for one co branded one
    07-26-2015 11:32 AM
26 12