Apple News+ offer - what’s counted as a ‘new subscriber’?

Mwanahabari

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
When Apple News + first came out, I subscribed to see what the service was like. I didn’t like it and cancelled the free trial after less than a week.

A new offer for 3 months free access has popped up and it says this offer is for new subscribers only. When I try to take advantage of the offer, it goes to a payment screen for £9.99. Does this mean it will charge me if I click ok or will this be after the trial has ended? Not sure whether I’m classed as a new subscriber or not which is why it could be showing me the payment screen.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
I signed up for this trial few days ago and received an email confirming it and saying that the £9.99 subscription price would start in February, 2021.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about that but I didn't see charges for other promos - TV.

I happen to like News+ a lot. I dropped my more expensive Wall St. Journal subscription to get most of that plus other papers. Now there's an audio feature I don't use much but it's quality. As a news junkie, library user, Microsoft and Amazon user, it's probably the most "fair and balanced" out there. Very good for having pop/light and deep content. It's tunable in terms of your feed but you do not always see changes as fast as Apple Music seems to react.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner