Is anyone still using the News+ app?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
With all the stuff happening in the world today, is anyone still using this app? Not necessarily the "+" subscription, but the app itself?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used it maybe a total of two weeks since release, it keeps throwing stories in I don't want and can't make it stop. So in the trash bin it goes.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I looked at this app again about an hour ago, for the first time in months, I don’t even know why.
This app has not got any better while I’ve been away ! Of course the first thing it does is offer you a free trial of something you don’t want, a paid News service, of all things ! nobody needs to pay for news.
When this app first came out I tried to use it, and carefully selected my sources as it told me to do. Of course, the next day, I found most of what I was offered, had slithered from the pages of worthless rags I would not let the cat crap on.
So, thinking I must have done something wrong I deleted my selection and carefully, solemnly re entered my choices, only to find the same thing happening the next day. This ridiculous app does,apparently,not want us to choose the news we want to read,and so can stick itself.... Somewhere...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't use it. I mostly use Twitter lists, some on Facebook, and cable TV. I found Apple News to be unreliable for the news I wanted to read about on the news orgs I wanted to see it on. The news stories seem too random or controlled. So, if I wanted to read about story A, I would only see stories E and G.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple hasn’t given me the option to use it at all.
Sometimes I really think Netherlands is a third world country.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I admit that during my (so far) 5 week furlough I haven't been watching as much TV as I used to and find myself reading more, specifically books. This means I'm also not watching the morning and evening news, so I started using the New app. So far it seems to be giving me the US and world news while the local news app gives me local stuff.

meattray

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I use and pay for news+ as well. No, you don’t need to pay for news but I enjoy some things from the Wall Street journal, the New Yorker, the Atlantic, la times, etc.

I also pay for subscriptions to the New York Times and Washington Post as well though.

I do find a difference in the quality of news from different sources.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't use Apple News and never even bothered to try Apple News+ so it buried in my trash apps folder in case I decide to resurrect it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner