Now that many initial users have gone through the entire one month trial of News+, are you keeping the subscription? IF so, why? If not, why not? What would entice you to keep or restore your subscription?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-09-2019 11:15 AM
    I'm glad you posted this Ken! I've been wondering the same thing. I've heard on a recent podcast that people who have chosen not to continue on, because they feel that it's not easy to navigate, that it's not intuitive, etc. I haven't taken advantage of the free trial, and am curious to hear other folks thoughts, both pros, and cons!
    05-09-2019 11:37 AM
    Canceled it. They took an easy to navigate format (Texture) and made it ridiculously complicated. I didn’t like the auto download and not being able to delete when I’m done either. I actually stopped it halfway through the trial because it frustrated me so much.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-09-2019 02:12 PM
    Now that many initial users have gone through the entire one month trial of News+, are you keeping the subscription? IF so, why? If not, why not? What would entice you to keep or restore your subscription?
    Great question. I’d like to know what our members have done with it, too. Thanks for posing the question, sir.
    05-09-2019 06:58 PM
    I kept the subscription and am trying out cancelling my Wall St. Journal, getting much of it in News+ and trying some other news sources.

It indeed seems like Apple could do a lot to improve News+ but I'm not calling it terrible. Search could be better and it would be nice if it could make getting past publication info easy.

My long-running habit has been Wall St. Journal and NY Times daily so it's interesting to see more stuff but it also displays silly and emotive stuff I don't care for such as from People and Fox. I don't care what celebrities do or what some stupid individual does to qualify for the Darwin Awards so as an example that makes the People and Fox stuff they put at the top a waste for me. You can find news if you dig into Fox.

We don't have a cable TV subscription so all the stuff in the News+ subscription is a plenty fine value. I'm reading some magazine articles I'd only otherwise get with a trip to the library.

It would be a much better product if more content could be changed to text only and also in dark mode. The product should be able to achieve with ease what you get if you read content with a browser in reader as well as dark mode.
    05-11-2019 08:41 AM
    .... I don't care for such as from People and Fox. I don't care what celebrities do or what some stupid individual does to qualify for the Darwin Awards ...
    I'm with you!
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-11-2019 08:50 AM
    Cancelled it. For me there's just better options out there, Readly, for example.
    05-11-2019 09:43 AM
    I am glad that people don’t like it ! it strikes me as one of the most opportunistic greedy ideas that Apple has yet come up with.
    scruffypig likes this.
    05-11-2019 10:41 AM
    Cancelled it. For me there's just better options out there, Readly, for example.
    I wasn't aware of any newspapers with that service. The magazines plus the amount behind newspaper paywalls is a good.

I am glad that people don’t like it ! it strikes me as one of the most opportunistic greedy ideas that Apple has yet come up with.
    Do you mean their strategy to do well beyond the one hardware product? The attempt to be better about privacy?
    05-11-2019 03:25 PM
    IOS 12.3 s coming today, possibly with an update to the News+ service. Has anyone seen any improvements? ANy changes? Any mistakes?
    05-13-2019 12:02 PM
    IOS 12.3 s coming today, possibly with an update to the News+ service. Has anyone seen any improvements? ANy changes? Any mistakes?
    Nothing stands out to me.

I'm status quo with the product. I see where it could be improved with search, text only and dark mode but temper those criticisms when I consider the content (breadth, quality) and what looks like better than average privacy.
    05-16-2019 07:53 AM
    Canceled it. They took an easy to navigate format (Texture) and made it ridiculously complicated. I didn’t like the auto download and not being able to delete when I’m done either. I actually stopped it halfway through the trial because it frustrated me so much.
    I was listening to one of the iMore Show podcasts, and Lory Gil said that she felt that it was too difficult to navigate, that it was difficult to search. She also felt that Texture was so much easier to use! I am not subscribing at this point in time. I would be interested, but from all I've read here, I think their design and layout need significant improvement. So, I'll wait and see.
    05-16-2019 08:28 AM