Please bear with me, trying to understand Apple Music and how iTunes fits into it.
    1. Logged in with my AppleID on both Mac using Big Sur and iPhone using 14.2.1
    2. There's an iTunes app by default on my iPhone, but not on Mac? There are no personal or appleid settings in the app on iPhone? In the app all I can do is hear a sample of the song or buy it, no option to "love" it?
    3. I'm used to Spotify where I can search for a song, Like it by clicking the heart icon, and it goes onto my Liked Songs playlist. Is this not possible with Apple Music? I've searched for and "loved" a bunch of songs and they aren't showing in my library or anywhere.
    4. I made 3 playlists on iPhone that aren't showing on Mac, and 1 Smart Playlist on Mac that isn't showing on iphone?
    5. If I have a playlist of "loved" songs, why would I also need/want to "love" the playlist too (when clicking the 3 dots)?
    6. Do I have to purchase songs to have them show in my library, not just "love" them?
    11-21-2020 09:21 PM
    Please bear with me, trying to understand Apple Music and how iTunes fits into it.
    1. Logged in with my AppleID on both Mac using Big Sur and iPhone using 14.2.1
    2. There's an iTunes app by default on my iPhone, but not on Mac? There are no personal or appleid settings in the app on iPhone? In the app all I can do is hear a sample of the song or buy it, no option to "love" it?
    3. I'm used to Spotify where I can search for a song, Like it by clicking the heart icon, and it goes onto my Liked Songs playlist. Is this not possible with Apple Music? I've searched for and "loved" a bunch of songs and they aren't showing in my library or anywhere.
    4. I made 3 playlists on iPhone that aren't showing on Mac, and 1 Smart Playlist on Mac that isn't showing on iphone?
    5. If I have a playlist of "loved" songs, why would I also need/want to "love" the playlist too (when clicking the 3 dots)?
    6. Do I have to purchase songs to have them show in my library, not just "love" them?
    It’s best if you start reading about the basics of Apple Music first:

https://support.apple.com/guide/music/toc

Once you have logged in on Music on both your iPhone and Mac and enable iCloud Music Library on both devices, you’ll be able to do everything you’ve asked in your OP.
    Just_Me_D, scruffypig and joemd60 like this.
    11-22-2020 05:30 AM
    It’s best if you start reading about the basics of Apple Music first:

https://support.apple.com/guide/music/toc

Once you have logged in on Music on both your iPhone and Mac and enable iCloud Music Library on both devices, you’ll be able to do everything you’ve asked in your OP.
    Yep, googled that, read it.
    What it doesn't say is why when I toggle sync music on my phone, it immediately turns itself back off and tells me my account is temporarily unavailable?
    Or why when I do the same on the Mac, it gives me a 11111 error and "unchecks" the box by itself.
    11-22-2020 10:01 PM