Closed Captions on Apple Music Videos on Apple TV not working.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So, here’s the deal.
On my iPhone and even on iTunes for Windows I can see Closed Captions for music videos when available. Take Julia Michaels - Happy, for example, it works perfectly on my iPhone.
Now, when I open the same video on my TV and swipe down on the trackpad on my remote and select ‘English CC’ or even ‘Auto’ I don’t see any subtitles / CC.

Can anyone see if it works on their TV?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So, here’s the deal.
On my iPhone and even on iTunes for Windows I can see Closed Captions for music videos when available. Take Julia Michaels - Happy, for example, it works perfectly on my iPhone.
Now, when I open the same video on my TV and swipe down on the trackpad on my remote and select ‘English CC’ or even ‘Auto’ I don’t see any subtitles / CC.

Can anyone see if it works on their TV?

I just tested it based on what you posted and got the same results. No close captions whatsoever.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just tested it based on what you posted and got the same results. No close captions whatsoever.

Thanks.

TvOS doesn’t play fair when you have a Dutch account but have your TV language set to English [US]. It doesn’t let you use Siri, for example. This does, however, work on iOS, though.

That’s also the reason why I suspected that I was the only one with no Closed Captions on music videos.
I’m gonna submit feedback.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

TvOS doesn’t play fair when you have a Dutch account but have your TV language set to English [US]. It doesn’t let you use Siri, for example. This does, however, work on iOS, though.

That’s also the reason why I suspected that I was the only one with no Closed Captions on music videos.

You’re very welcome, sir.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
8aae2d613681d4b4aaa5330b417c4093.jpg

Done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members