I just wanted to see what everyone thought about Apple Music & iTunes. I know you can download unlimited songs through Apple music but when you decide to cancel your subscription don’t you lose that music? In iTunes you can buy individual songs For $1.29
    Last edited by Chris Cook5; 08-18-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    08-18-2018 12:25 PM
    I just wanted to see what everyone thought about Apple Music & iTunes. I know you can download unlimited songs through Apple music but when you decide to cancel your subscription don’t you lose that music? In iTunes you can buy individual songs For $1.29
    Music is cheaper for me.
    It gives me the freedom to stream, instead of saving songs on my device, add as many and listen to as many songs as I like without having to spend money on songs you may regret buying over time.
    Ariel Babalao likes this.
    08-18-2018 01:09 PM
    You are correct, Chris. If you allow your Music subscription to be cancelled, the music you downloaded are no longer playable.

Having said that, I can’t tell you when the last I purchased individual tunes. Heck, I can barely tell you the names of songs that currently on the various music charts.

With that in mind, having an Music subscription is the best and cheapest option for me. I can create my music playlists and then stream the songs whenever I want without having to purchase them individually.

It’s not like back in the day when I stored tons of records, albums, 8-track cartridges, cassette tapes and CDs. Know what I mean?
    Tartarus likes this.
    08-18-2018 06:03 PM
    Personally I think iTunes works out better for me as I can just pay $1.29 or less per song & I don’t have to keep all of the songs on my device I’m just worried that Apple will go away with iTunes in the near future because of all the streaming services out there such as Apple Music, Spotify & others. I have also heard a few rumors that they will.

is Apple Music & iTunes pretty much the same thing? Just depends on how many times you buy songs on iTunes? If you average 5 or less songs a month at $1.29 would it be better for you to stick with Apple Music? It’s just what I’m use to with iTunes. If that ever goes away I guess I’ll have to decide
    Last edited by Chris Cook5; 08-19-2018 at 12:08 AM.
    08-18-2018 11:51 PM
    Personally I think iTunes works out better for me as I can just pay $1.29 or less per song & I don’t have to keep all of the songs on my device I’m just worried that Apple will go away with iTunes in the near future because of all the streaming services out there such as Apple Music, Spotify & others. I have also heard a few rumors that they will.

is Apple Music & iTunes pretty much the same thing? Just depends on how many times you buy songs on iTunes? If you average 5 or less songs a month at $1.29 would it be better for you to stick with Apple Music? It’s just what I’m use to with iTunes. If that ever goes away I guess I’ll have to decide
    Unless you’re a student, single Music subscribers pay $9.99 per month. 5 songs at $1.29 each per month equates to $6.45. If that is what you’ll maintain then it would be less costly to continue with what you’re doing.

As for Apple doing away with iTunes, I don’t know. I mean, none of us know how many consumers purchase music via iTunes in comparison to streaming via Music.

As for whether iTunes and Music are the same thing, the answer is no. iTunes is primarily a store whereas Music is primarily a streaming service.
    Chris Cook5 likes this.
    08-19-2018 10:06 AM
    As for whether iTunes and Music are the same thing, the answer is no. iTunes is primarily a store whereas Music is primarily a streaming service.
    In addition to above: iTunes has a much wider music catalog than Music. This is because of agreements and licensing. Some songs or even albums aren’t allowed for streaming, even when they’re available for sale on iTunes.
    Chris Cook5 and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-19-2018 10:12 AM
    Sometimes some of my fav songs disappear from the apple music’s catalog, especially some single or rate songs. I plan to purchase from the itunes. But if purchase from itunes, can we copy the file to other music player ? And will I always can download this songs (even if the catalog has been erased by apple) ?
    08-21-2018 08:58 AM
    iTunes works best for me. I have never been attracted to subscribing to Apple Music. I only buy songs from iTunes that I know I like. I use both the Shazam app and SoundHound app, so when I'm driving around, and a song comes on the radio that I like, I tap one of those two apps to see what the title is. Then, when I'm connected via wi-fi, I open Shazam or SoundHound, tap on the iTunes button and purchase the song. For me, it's the best alternative.
    Tartarus and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-21-2018 10:53 AM
    Sometimes some of my fav songs disappear from the apple music’s catalog, especially some single or rate songs. I plan to purchase from the itunes. But if purchase from itunes, can we copy the file to other music player ? And will I always can download this songs (even if the catalog has been erased by apple) ?
    Yes, music purchased through iTunes can be played on other music players, no exceptions.

It depends on Apple. As long as they keep a copy of that song you will be able to redownload it as many times as you wish.

When you notice that a certain song isn’t available anymore, try searching for it.
    Sometimes a song gets deleted and is still available as a single or as part of a different album.
    I’ve found many songs back that way.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-21-2018 10:58 AM