I have the X 64GB, I keep about 1000 songs downloaded through my music device. That takes about 5GB of my storage. I switch playlist and albums in and out of download. The rest of library I rely on streaming. Always good for me to keep music and a few movies on board.
    07-15-2018 09:01 PM
    See, that shows how much I know about it.
    I still prefer to purchase my music and have it on my device. Call me old fashioned.
    Not old fashioned, at all. It's just your choice. I chose to have mine on my device as well.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-16-2018 03:04 AM
    Nah I just stream it. Also set my podcast app to streaming as well. If I don't have a signal, I'll find something else to do, no big deal.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-16-2018 05:38 AM
    I could get a lot back if I could connect to iTunes on computer. I have the 64 gb model. That would've been enough if Apple hadn't stole about 14 gb of storage when I reported bugs on iOS 10 beta. It would be interesting to see how much of my storage shows as "other". It has to be a lot, because what I have on my phone doesn't anywhere near add up to 54 gb. I don't think the 6s Plus came with 256 gb.
    Yes I think you are correct. Allow me to rephrase. I told you to get the max Gig iPhone back then. So basically you had the 64g iPhone before you had the Verizon Unlimited Data plan....interesting.
    07-16-2018 08:22 AM
    Yes I think you are correct. Allow me to rephrase. I told you to get the max Gig iPhone back then. So basically you had the 64g iPhone before you had the Verizon Unlimited Data plan....interesting.
    64 is too small, especially for someone like yourself and Ledsteplin.
    You guys are experienced and therefore have a lot on your devices. But I can totally see why @Ledsteplin opted for the 64GB.
    07-16-2018 10:33 AM
    64 is too small, especially for someone like yourself and Ledsteplin.
    I agree, however I "can't" understand why @Ledsteplin opted for the 64GB especially before he had an Unlimited plan...LOL
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-16-2018 12:33 PM
    I have the Tmobile One plan with 4 lines of unlimited everything. I also have an Apple Music subscription. While streaming is nice, believe it or not, there ARE areas that still don't have good Tmo signal. So I do have a couple of playlists downloaded to my phone (128 gig storage) for those areas of unstreamibility. :-)
    libra89 likes this.
    07-16-2018 01:09 PM
    I agree, however I "can't" understand why @Ledsteplin opted for the 64GB especially before he had an Unlimited plan...LOL
    Maybe because phones like the 8 and 8 plus only come in 64 and 256......which really stinks and sucks for those with the 7 Plus 128 gig when we get ready to upgrade.

Thanks Apple.
    07-16-2018 01:12 PM
    Maybe because phones like the 8 and 8 plus only come in 64 and 256......which really stinks and sucks for those with the 7 Plus 128 gig when we get ready to upgrade.

Thanks Apple.
    Go big or go home. I always went big with my devices. I’d rather spend an extra 100 bucks on storage than being frustrated for the better part of 2 years (my upgrade cycle) because of low storage.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    07-16-2018 01:19 PM

Thanks Apple.
    Nope, thats not it.
    07-16-2018 01:20 PM
    Go big or go home. I always went big with my devices. I’d rather spend an extra 100 bucks on storage than being frustrated for the better part of 2 years (my upgrade cycle) because of low storage.
    Well we're not all as rich and carefree with our money like you are. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    07-16-2018 01:21 PM
    EXACTLY. I feel the same exact way.
    Tartarus likes this.
    07-16-2018 01:22 PM
    Well we're not all as rich and carefree with our money like you are. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Says the man with the Red Ferrari ...LOL
    Tartarus and Sherry_B like this.
    07-16-2018 01:23 PM
    Says the man with the Red Ferrari ...LOL
    Touché.

I retract my previous comment.
    07-16-2018 01:27 PM
    I’m not rich either. Far from, even. But I won’t let an extra 100 bucks keep me from enjoying my iPhone for 24 months is what I’m saying.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 07-16-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Spencerdl and Lee_Bo like this.
    07-16-2018 01:36 PM
    I’m not rich either. Far from, even. But I won’t let an extra 100 bucks keep me from enjoying my iPhone for 24 months is what I’m saying.
    As long as that works for you great.
    I have a 128gb iPhone 7 that I bought used. I have a lot of music and photos stored on it. I’ve used a grand total of 25.7gb so it would be a waste of money for me to pay for more storage. The only reason I got the 128 model was because I got a great deal.
    I don’t store and watch movies on it. I don’t have 10,000 albums on it. Just what I need.
    So I’m glad there are choices.
    07-16-2018 03:56 PM
    As long as that works for you great.
    I have a 128gb iPhone 7 that I bought used. I have a lot of music and photos stored on it. I’ve used a grand total of 25.7gb so it would be a waste of money for me to pay for more storage. The only reason I got the 128 model was because I got a great deal.
    I don’t store and watch movies on it. I don’t have 10,000 albums on it. Just what I need.
    So I’m glad there are choices.
    Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m totally not saying everybody should get the largest storage. On the contrary. I’m just saying that money should not be an object if it keeps you from enjoying your device to the fullest.

And I have only used 75GB of the 256GB, so I know exactly what you mean with your post.
    Nevertheless, if I were to save all my music and Netflix episodes for offline use, 256GB wouldn’t even begin to scratch the surface of what I’d actually need.
    07-16-2018 04:04 PM
    Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m totally not saying everybody should get the largest storage. On the contrary. I’m just saying that money should not be an object if it keeps you from enjoying your device to the fullest.
    I agree with that. I liked it much more (not with Apple) when we could add our own less expensive storage though.

When my wife bought her iPhone 8 Plus I told her to get the larger storage because she uses a lot more media than I do. For me I just get the best deal I can (usually used) and use what I have.
    Tartarus and libra89 like this.
    07-16-2018 04:07 PM
    Hello, a little bit offtopic, is Apple Music able to download music with the screen off? I’ve tested Spotify and Google Play Music and the download process is made only with the screen on. Thanks.
    07-16-2018 07:13 PM
    I never buy branded phones, so I have to pay for my phones outright directly from Apple. I refuse to get a CC through Apple because I already have a few, so even the payment plans Apple offers are not a solution for me. You can do like I do and just save up for several months. That way you can buy the phone you want instead of the phone you can afford.

256 GB of space on a cell phone is seriously sweet!
    Spencerdl, Tartarus and libra89 like this.
    07-17-2018 03:37 AM
    At that time, I was coming from a 16 gb iPhone 5. 64 gb sounded like plenty. And it would have been had I not made 30 bug reports on iOS 10 beta.
    07-17-2018 06:53 PM
46 12