Family sharing music, how not to play an artist

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
My question is pretty simple.

I'm responsible for the family sharing music plan. But when I'm buying a song or album, for my daughter, I don't want necessarily that album in MY phone or my music when I'm listening on random.

I tried a couple of things, but it didn't work for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My question is pretty simple.

I'm responsible for the family sharing music plan. But when I'm buying a song or album, for my daughter, I don't want necessarily that album in MY phone or my music when I'm listening on random.

I tried a couple of things, but it didn't work for me.

From the Apple Support site:

“...if you set Family Sharing in the iTunes Store, and had them join your family with their own Apple ID accounts, then each of you should have an individualized iCloud Music Library. It sounds like you're all signed in under the same Apple ID. With Family Sharing, this isn't necessary, but would explain why everything you do is replicated on everyone else's device.”

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8210311

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
From the Apple Support site:

“...if you set Family Sharing in the iTunes Store, and had them join your family with their own Apple ID accounts, then each of you should have an individualized iCloud Music Library. It sounds like you're all signed in under the same Apple ID. With Family Sharing, this isn't necessary, but would explain why everything you do is replicated on everyone else's device.”

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8210311

Thanks for the answer. I verified, and we all have our individual account. I'm the one paying for all the music. If my daughter buy a song, I will authorize it, and the song will download in her phone. When I check in mine, I see the little cloud. Which I don't really mind. The main problem is, that It will play when I shuffle with my phone ! That's what I don't want. And I don't want to have to make a ton of playlist.

Is there a way to set my library to only play what is on my phone ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods