Apple Music- Why is this happening

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You purchased an AAC Audio File from Apple. The kind has nothing to do with how you obtained a file, thus can't be changed in anyway.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh right I thought this was because it was seeing these songs as Apple Music songs since they have an Apple Music AAC kind

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Alll my other purchased songs have purchased AAC for the kind not Apple Music and when I toggle off icml the ones with Apple Music AAC disappear ?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You're putting too much value in those terms. Don't get me wrong, what you think it should say is probably how it is supposed to be, but those songs are yours forever, as long as you have them on a hard disk or other storage medium. The kind doesn't change that fact, unless there is DRM on them. Purchased songs are DRM free, so you're safe.

As for Apple Music AAC, they're not yours, they're from Apple and you have the freedom to listen to them as long as you're an Apple Music subscriber. From the second you stop being a subscriber, Apple will delete them from iTunes, which is their prerogative.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I just don't understand why my purchased songs are showing with an Apple Music aac and not a purchased aac as I'm worried if I stop using Apple Music will I lose access to them due to the aac reading as Apple Music aac and not purchased aac

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Uhhh it does say purchased ...
View attachment 116030

Yeah I have since reported it to apple and they admitted it's incorrect and a bug which they have come across before.

Tartarus said above it doesn't delete any music which he's right as I turned off icml as all my purchases even those with the wrong kind Apple Music .aac are still there. My issue is that when I make a smart playlist for purchases these songs with a kind of Apple Music are not being copied even though they are technically purchased songs so that can be annoying. The person at apple said remove the download and re download it again works as a temporary fix which it did however the kind didn't change to purchased.aac but instead protected AAC but this allows me to copy all my purchases to a smart playlists

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR