My solution to the Apple Music mess - Family or Single Plan

dbaps

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
With all of the discussion about people losing music, saving drm instead of non-drm songs, and basically having to deal with a huge mess, this is what our family did...We created family accounts just for streaming. This isolates Itunes match away from Apple Music streaming. It separates drm into a different account. Perhaps this has been suggested by other people. I realize this isn't for everyone. But I can pretty much duplicate my own music collection into the streaming account. So now this one streaming family account has a copy of my music, plus other songs I am not buying. I have one computer and my Iphone using the streaming account. This is fine for my wife and myself. For the kids, this method is a problem if you go over the max number of accounts. Your kids may not need the feature I'm describing here. Like I said, it's not for everyone. There are trade-offs. But I never have to worry about the mess people are describing in the forums. I'm sure Apple will get it 100% correct soon. But until then, I'm happy with my setup. In the car, I still am on my unlimited grand-fathered Verizon account that I will be losing...oh well...However a little prep-planning to download the music before the commute is all that is needed here. I just use the streaming account in the car...

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro