I have a family membership. The reason I bought family is so I could use multiple devices without having to log onto the nw. I use an iPod Touch when in my car with lots of downloaded songs. Often times when I try to play something it tells me I must connect to the NW to play music. Why? iPod Touch 30 miles from home has no network to attach to. This is a real pain. Am I doing something wrong or how do I prevent this?

Appreciate any guidance.

Terry
    04-24-2016 05:21 PM
    Your post is a bit confusing so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding it. I'm going to assume you have family sharing enabled for Music. In regard to playing Music in your car via your iPod Touch, make sure that all of the songs are actually 'on the device'. Creating a playlist of selected songs via Music doesn't necessarily equate to them being downloaded onto the device and thus, the device need to have Internet access to play/stream those songs.
    tleaves likes this.
    04-24-2016 05:43 PM
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I have a number of playlists on the iPod Touch. All songs are downloaded. I don't use it to stream. If I need to streamI use my iPhone 6.
    Many times the iPod touch works fine but from time to time I will turn it on and go to select a song / playlist and I get the message that I must connect to network to play Apple Music. It will play music I own but that is all until I connect. Once I get to a wireless network and connect, I can then play music agin even when away from the network.
    I have to assume Apple requires you to connect to a nw from time to time but am not sure about that.
    04-25-2016 08:16 PM
    Have you double checked all the songs to be sure they're all offline? Just one online song might cause that message.
    04-25-2016 10:39 PM
    It should just skip the song that is not available. Plus it does not do it all the time that is why I assumed there was some requirement to connect to the nw from time to time.
    04-26-2016 10:08 AM
    I don't do Music. So I have no clue. But hopefully someone who knows will come along.
    04-26-2016 12:31 PM