Trouble Playing Disconnected

tleaves

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a family membership. The reason I bought family is so I could use multiple devices without having to log onto the nw. I use an iPod Touch when in my car with lots of downloaded songs. Often times when I try to play something it tells me I must connect to the NW to play music. Why? iPod Touch 30 miles from home has no network to attach to. This is a real pain. Am I doing something wrong or how do I prevent this?

Appreciate any guidance.

Terry

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Your post is a bit confusing so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding it. I'm going to assume you have family sharing enabled for Music. In regard to playing Music in your car via your iPod Touch, make sure that all of the songs are actually 'on the device'. Creating a playlist of selected songs via Music doesn't necessarily equate to them being downloaded onto the device and thus, the device need to have Internet access to play/stream those songs.

tleaves

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion.
I have a number of playlists on the iPod Touch. All songs are downloaded. I don't use it to stream. If I need to streamI use my iPhone 6.
Many times the iPod touch works fine but from time to time I will turn it on and go to select a song / playlist and I get the message that I must connect to network to play Apple Music. It will play music I own but that is all until I connect. Once I get to a wireless network and connect, I can then play music agin even when away from the network.
I have to assume Apple requires you to connect to a nw from time to time but am not sure about that.

tleaves

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
It should just skip the song that is not available. Plus it does not do it all the time that is why I assumed there was some requirement to connect to the nw from time to time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77