Does a membership give you the right to download songs?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Since I never really dug into Apple Music, I'm wondering what's the benefit of getting an Apple Music membership?
It's cool to be able to stream music to all your devices, but they're still only temporary.

Is it possible to download songs when you get a membership??

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Since I never really dug into Apple Music, I'm wondering what's the benefit of getting an Apple Music membership?
It's cool to be able to stream music to all your devices, but they're still only temporary.

Is it possible to download songs when you get a membership??

You can't download them on your device but lose them once you stop paying

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
"You can't download them on your device but lose them once you stop paying"

I assume you tried to say CAN?
Anyway, Apple DOES indeed advertise on their website that with a membership you can download songs for offline listening.
However they do not explain HOW to do that, and Google isn't really helpful either...

Can anyone explain me how to download songs??
OSX that is...

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
"You can't download them on your device but lose them once you stop paying"

I assume you tried to say CAN?
Anyway, Apple DOES indeed advertise on their website that with a membership you can download songs for offline listening.
However they do not explain HOW to do that, and Google isn't really helpful either...

OSX that is...

Correct can

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, as Apple DOES indeed advertise on their website that with a membership you can download songs for offline listening.

OSX that is...

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, as Apple DOES indeed advertise on their website that with a membership you can download songs for offline listening.

OSX that is...
Once you set up the Apple Music account make sure you turn ON "Show Apple Music" and iCloud Music Library on your iPhone. (Settings/Music to see both switches.)
When you find an album/song/playlist that you like you first hit the + sign for an album or playlist or for an individual song you hit the three dots and then tap the + sign. What that + sign does is add the particular item to your iCloud Music Library. You can then go to My Music and the selected items will be there for streaming.
If you also want to download them to your iPhone for offline listening, you will see that the + sign is now a little cloud with a down pointing arrow. That is the new way to download music.
What the previous poster was mentioning is that if you cancel your Apple Music Subscription (either by allowing the trial to expire or not paying for it), you will lose access to all the songs you downloaded from Apple Music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods