iCloud Music problem

Dwighto97

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey

So I my icloud music library is on the Merge setting. I'm assuming it means that icloud takes a copy of my own library (my own downloads) and replaces it with an identical copy of Apple Music and continues to let me stream and save music offline.

My main problem with the icloud music library is that why can't I no longer manually sync some albums (e.g. some that are not in Apple music's catalogue or it's an incomplete tracklist) from my computer to my iphone when the setting is turned on?

I tried doing it and it wouldn't let me since icloud music is on on my phone.

I don't want to turn my phone's icloud off because it's going to take all my downloads away (including my original library since apple music uses their own copy) and I'd have to save offline thousands of songs.

Is there a solution to this?

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is one of the short-comings of using the iCloud Music Library part of Apple Music to "sync" your library to all your devices. You can no longer sync the old way (via a USB cable). That is why AM allows you to "make available offline" for that music you wish to have on your iOS device without streaming.
BTW - any music that was in your iTunes library that is not available in the Apple Music catalogue (like The Beatles, Bob Seger, etc.) should be uploaded from your library to the Apple servers and still show up on your other devices.
And no, what "merge" means is that ICML will "merge" whatever songs you have on your iPhone (at the time that you turn ICML on) with whatever songs you have all ready added from other devices/computer as opposed to completely replacing what is on your iPhone's Music library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods