How do I reset my Apple Music/iCloud Music Library?

I

iMore Question

How to reset Apple Music/iCloud Music Library

I've come to the realization that Apple Music's integration with my previous iCloud Library (iTunes Match) is a terrible mess. I've liked/added music through Apple Music, and have multiples of so much stuff, that the "My Music" section is a complete mess. Is there anyway to do a "clean install" of either, a master reset button, so to speak. I'd like to manually add back any personal music manually to avoid any mess the second time around. Ideally, I'd just move back to Spotify, but it seems more and more that Apple Music will get preferential treatment because of the lack of a free tier (Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Adele, Coldplay, possibly more) , so moving back to Spotify isnt my ideal scenario.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to reset Apple Music/iCloud Music Library

Not that I'm aware of, however, if you go to Settings→Music→iCloud Music Library and then disable the toggle next to it, you will get a prompt that states, "This will remove all Apple Music songs from this device". Having said that, I assume it would re-sync those songs to the device once you've re-enabled the toggle.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2