Well are trial ended today. So I'm getting texted from the fianc that she can't play her radio stations without hearing commercials! My question is if I go with the paid subscription do I need the individual or the family? It's just me and her and we share the same iTunes account, but we have are own iCloud accounts.
    11-05-2015 07:57 PM
    Unless I'm missing something, you should be fine as-is.
    11-05-2015 08:43 PM
    My Wife and I share iTunes ID, but have separate iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. Works great for us. No paying extra for apps, in app purchases, music and etc. The Family Sharing seemed a bit much for only 2 people. If we had kids, then Family Sharing would be better. IMO.
    11-05-2015 09:14 PM
    If you are both logged into iTunes using the same Apple ID then the individual music subscription should suffice.
    11-05-2015 09:17 PM
    If you are both logged into iTunes using the same Apple ID then the individual music subscription should suffice.
    If I remember That will work except if they both try to play music at once I think only one will work at a time ..
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-06-2015 01:56 AM
    If I remember That will work except if they both try to play music at once I think only one will work at a time ..
    Did you try this yourself? If not, where did you get the info? Do you have a link?
    11-06-2015 08:02 AM
    Did you try this yourself? If not, where did you get the info? Do you have a link?
    Woah woah calm down lol i read it on Imore of course doing research about it because I share my Apple ID the same way and remember the family option would work if I had family sharing setup (I don't) and the individual was one at a time
    I'm sure it's around here somewhere I'll take a look later and see if I can link it
    11-06-2015 10:09 AM
    Woah woah calm down lol i read it on Imore of course doing research about it because I share my Apple ID the same way and remember the family option would work if I had family sharing setup (I don't) and the individual was one at a time
    I'm sure it's around here somewhere I'll take a look later and see if I can link it
    LOL. i'm calm. Just curious.
    11-06-2015 10:12 AM
    With  Music, only one device is allowed to play music. 2 devices on the same account aren't able to play music at the same time..

I experienced this several times when playing music on my iPhone and starting a song on my computer in iTunes. The first device simply stops playing music
    Ledsteplin and robertk328 like this.
    11-07-2015 11:36 PM
    No link but on an individual subscription you can only play on one computer/iOS at a time per Apple ID. You can have up to 6 devices/computers per Apple ID, but it will only work on one of them at a time. (And yes I have tried it - on my iMac with iTunes and iPhone or iPad with the Music app and as soon as a second device/computer starts playing, the first will get a message about it.)
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-08-2015 08:56 PM
    Well I noticed something new. I'm at work and figured I would listen to my "offline" downloaded music, because she listens to apple radio. And it still keeps stopping my music! So if I download songs for offline listening and she starts the radio it kicks one of us off? So I'm going to have to spring for the family share plan after all.
    11-19-2015 05:14 AM
    Well I noticed something new. I'm at work and figured I would listen to my "offline" downloaded music, because she listens to apple radio. And it still keeps stopping my music! So if I download songs for offline listening and she starts the radio it kicks one of us off? So I'm going to have to spring for the family share plan after all.
    It's kind of like health coverage Individual is just me, but if I want to cover my spouse, I need the family plan!

Good luck!
    DoubleEagle likes this.
    11-19-2015 05:42 AM