I have tried Spotify, Google Music and Apple Music.

Here are my reasons for the choice I made in the end.

Spotify

- Works great

- Has a EQ on IOS

- But I cant upload my own music.

Google Music

- Works great

- Has no EQ in IOS.

- I can upload my own music without any problems.

- Song limit: 50.000

Apple Music

- Has bugs that must be corrected in iTunes and that take quite some time

- Has EQ in IOS

- I can upload my own music but I must correct covers and use a trick to prevent that live songs will be swapped for studio tracks.
    Since I joined iTunes Match matching has improved a lot!

- Song limit: 100.000! I have been seriously collecting music since 1974 and my collection is huge!

- I can use Siri and I can use Apple Music on my Apple TV4.

Despite all the bugs I have chosen to use Apple Music. I hope Apple Music will see improvements in the near future.
    02-05-2016 06:05 AM
    Staying with apple music always since is into the music app and since with the music app my phone lasts a lot then is a good pro for me to have apple music.
    02-25-2016 08:03 PM
    I'm sticking with Apple Music. I was using Spotify but AM is just easier since my kids and I all have iPhones and iPods and family subscription is cheaper than Spotify. Even better now bc hubby can use it from his android phone. It has been working well.
    02-25-2016 08:19 PM
    My original plan was to stick with Apple Music, but I found myself listening to the same music that's already stored on my iPhone (1,400+ songs), so why pay the extra $10 monthly.
    Maybe some day I will open back up the monthly subscription, but for now I'm good with my own music.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-26-2016 08:08 AM
    Sticking with Apple Music
    03-10-2016 06:24 AM
    Spotify was my first streaming service I paid for until Apple Music was introduced, since then, after the 3 month trail, I've been paying for Apple Music and am loving their service better than Spotify
    03-10-2016 05:55 PM
    I just switched to my first iPhone, the 6s Plus, from only owning Android or Windows Phone. I had Microsoft's Groove Music subscription, loved it, but since I'm on iOS now, I canceled Groove to do the 3 month trial. I love Apple Music, I like the connect feature, and how it works. I'll be sticking with it for sure! I was gonna keep Groove, but I wanted to support Apple so I switched!
    03-22-2016 10:45 PM
    I cancelled 2 months ago.
    03-23-2016 12:03 AM
    I have a family plan. I am sticking with it.
    03-23-2016 12:04 AM
    I'm wondering who's staying and why or why not? I'm debating going back to it once my Google music sub is nearing it's end since I didn't want to pay for 2 subs at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may go to apple music but I'm not sure if its better than spotify or not
    03-25-2016 10:51 PM
    I am canceling Apple Music when my trial ends on May 7th. I gave it many chances but it is just a buggy mess. I don't know how it runs on Mac's and iOS devices but on Windows and Android the poster stepchild for Apple it is terrible.

On Windows you have to use that horrible iTunes software. It takes forever to launch. It freezes all the time but the audio continues. The worse is that it hogs ram bad. It will start out using about 300 MB of ram off the bat then it can grow to over a gig of ram which is why it starts to freeze. No web player unlike every other streaming service out there.

Android app is terrible and I gave it so many chances. Sometimes launching it and right away I get "Unfortunately Apple Music has stopped". Go into my account and sometimes again "Unfortunately Apple Music has stopped". If I go into a album or playlist that does not exists anymore you bet "Unfortunately Apple Music has stopped". Then on Android sometimes the music will just randomly pause during tracks. No reason for that. Also it hogs battery bad. One album and drain the battery about 4% on my Nexus 6 but Play Music the same album maybe 1% to 2%. With the screen off BTW. With it on it is 1% every couple of minutes.

Well after fighting back and forth even cancelling Play Music a bunch of time because was not sure and even calling Google up to get a refund just to get a free month when I signed up again I am staying with Play Music. Too bad as Apple Music AAC sounds great but it is not worth the bugs.
    04-15-2016 02:35 PM
    What is your trick for ensuring Live is kept intact vs swapped for studio ? Thanks
    04-20-2016 01:50 PM
    Student rate!! Finally!!

Definitely sticking even though I've been subscribed for awhile.
    05-06-2016 07:21 AM
    My Music subscription has served me well to this point, and therefore, I will continue to be a subscriber...
    05-06-2016 07:47 AM
    Have NOT tried the subscription I have issues with! I think that should b free the amount of money folks throws at Apple all over the world it should b a courtesy for owing a Apple device! I used iheart and YouTube for the time being...only time I get a chance to listen to music is during my 20 minute commute and once in a while via YouTube during work!
    05-07-2016 10:22 AM
    Kudos to the men and women who subscribe to Apple Music!
    05-07-2016 10:24 AM
    Have NOT tried the subscription I have issues with! I think that should b free the amount of money folks throws at Apple all over the world it should b a courtesy for owing a Apple device! I used iheart and YouTube for the time being...only time I get a chance to listen to music is during my 20 minute commute and once in a while via YouTube during work!
    While free Apple Music would be awesome, it's just not feasible. Artists are paid royalties when their songs are streamed, and the services are paying big bucks to exclusive streaming rights. For example, Drake's new album released exclusively on Apple Music. Beyonce's is exclusive to Tidal (not surprising considering it's owned by her husband). This isn't cheap but it's important to be competitive.

If Apple had to foot the bill, Apple Music would end up a forgotten project, cluttered with advertisements and B-level artists. I'm more than happy to pay.

One more note: Paid services create revenue streams for companies like Apple, allowing them to continue to innovate and expand their ecosystems.
    05-07-2016 10:35 AM
    While free Apple Music would be awesome, it's just not feasible. Artists are paid royalties when their songs are streamed, and the services are paying big bucks to exclusive streaming rights. For example, Drake's new album released exclusively on Apple Music. Beyonce's is exclusive to Tidal (not surprising considering it's owned by her husband). This isn't cheap but it's important to be competitive.

If Apple had to foot the bill, Apple Music would end up a forgotten project, cluttered with advertisements and B-level artists. I'm more than happy to pay.

One more note: Paid services create revenue streams for companies like Apple, allowing them to continue to innovate and expand their ecosystems.
    Ok all well and Good there r tons of streaming svcs that r free don't see issues y iTunes and artists can't work together they just greedy! And poor sob like us work and throw hard earn money down the proverbial tunes...with technology comes greed and stupidity! Imho
    05-07-2016 10:40 AM
    Have NOT tried the subscription I have issues with! I think that should b free
    I understand, however, companies are in business to provide products and services at a profit. It's the same with individuals selling personal items via a yard sale.
    the amount of money folks throws at Apple all over the world it should b a courtesy for owing a Apple device!
    Those folks are, on their own accord, buying Apple products and services. Some are doing it because the products and services fit their needs whereas others are doing just because. Apple, is not forcing anyone to purchase anything from them.
    I used iheart and YouTube for the time being...only time I get a chance to listen to music is during my 20 minute commute and once in a while via YouTube during work!
    A subscription service would not be beneficial to you under the circumstances, in my opinion. I still have two more kids still in school, and their at the age where music is their life, so to speak, so having a subscription meets my needs - at least for the time being....
    Closingracer likes this.
    05-07-2016 10:47 AM
    I will always stick with  Music now. I always hated Spotify and would spend around 50 a month on iTunes. Now at 15 for a family plan I save loads of money. I wish they had the student deal before I left university.
    05-08-2016 02:34 PM
    My original plan was to stick with Apple Music, but I found myself listening to the same music that's already stored on my iPhone (1,400+ songs), so why pay the extra $10 monthly.
    Maybe some day I will open back up the monthly subscription, but for now I'm good with my own music.
    This is a big reason why I don't use a subscription service.

I discover music on YouTube and by watching movies, competitions, and out and about in the real world. I don't spend much time mucking around a streaming service for that reason, because the libraries are super bloated and the search tends to be weak in many cases.

Apple Music's search is one of the weakest in the bunch.

Since I tend to buy music that catches my ear almost instantly, I have a decently sized library of music that I really like listening to. I don't get much value out of Apple Music, since it's easier to listen to what I have then deal with training it to known what I like.

I don't tend to listen to much popular music, either, and Apple doesn't have really good playlists or stations for things like New Age and Classical. Much of what it has is very stereotypical and not great for discovery, anyways (and there are too many different interpretations of such music to really get much use out of pre-curated material - you have to search to really find the good stuff... and Apple does search terribly).
    05-16-2016 01:32 PM
    I've been paying for Apple Music and am loving their service
    Maybe this sounds OK to Americans, but when addressing a more international audience you might want to avoid saying that you "are loving" something. This sounds much more "physical" than simply saying you "love" it.
    06-06-2016 10:38 AM
    Maybe this sounds OK to Americans, but when addressing a more international audience you might want to avoid saying that you "are loving" something. This sounds much more "physical" than simply saying you "love" it.
    "Loving it" or " love it" IMO either is fine. Please stay on topic.
    Closingracer likes this.
    06-06-2016 12:28 PM
    "Loving it" or " love it" IMO either is fine. Please stay on topic.
    I have to disagree. "I am loving it" does sound bad (those MacDonalds adverts were really not a good idea in Europe). It is rarely wise to combine the present continuous tense with the word "love", unless you are sure of what you are trying to say.

Anyway, to be getting back on topic, I am not sticking with Apple Music, as:
    1. Android is only having beta support (so I can't be relying on it on my phone).
    2. Linux is having no support (so I can't be using it on all my PCs).
    3. No playlist import from Spotify. (I am using Spotify for several years and I am having many playlists.)
    4. I am not seeing any advantages over Spotify that would be making me move over to Apple music.

Once those points are addressed, I might be giving it another go.
    Last edited by anony_mouse; 06-06-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    06-06-2016 12:38 PM
    We've been a family plan subscriber since day one and we have been happy with Apple Music since then. We've never had any major issues and really enjoyed the look, feel and functionality that was provided by Apple Music. That said, I've now been on the public beta for iOS 10 since it launched and I have to say that the new Apple Music app is complete garbage! I do not know if we will end up staying with it after it launches if they don't make some serious changes. The new app design is atrocious. Bring back the album art color matching feature!!! Man did that look so nice. This new stark white and pinkish red color scheme is not pleasant to look at. And they need to bring back the previous artist landing page for our library. Before we could go to an artist in our library, see a nice photo of the artist, the. The albums in our library, and with a click of a tab see ALL of that artists music and connect content all from the same spot in our library. Now? Well, now we have to go to the SEARCH section if we want to see if an artist has any new content. How does THAT make this a better experience? Not good Apple. You messed things up. Sure there are some tweaks that could have been made to the previous Apple Music, but this complete overhaul was unnecessary and a huge step back IMO.
    08-04-2016 08:47 AM
143 ... 3456