So we all saw how many people signed up....

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
We saw the number of people that signed up to the free trial. It would be interesting to see how many people cancel and don't continue now the trial periods are coming to an end.

I am going back to Spotify. I don't see any advantage - in fact, I much prefer Spotify.. Interested to see other opinions!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't stream music. I didn't sign up. I didn't cancel.

It will be interesting, though, to see how this shakes out, and what Apple might do if they get less retention that they were expecting.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like AppleMusic. I'm going to continue with the paid subscription. I was at an Apple store not to long after AppleMusic was released, and everyone was commenting on the new AppleMusic, I would say about 90% was pleased with it. AppleMusic is the way I like to stream music and it looks GREAT ...IMHO.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like AppleMusic. I'm going to continue with the paid subscription. I was at an Apple store not to long after AppleMusic was released, and everyone was commenting on the new AppleMusic, I would say about 90% was pleased with it. AppleMusic is the way I like to stream music and it looks GREAT ...IMHO.

You could purchase 10 new songs each month instead. And they would be yours to keep! LOL

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I was a Google All Access subscriber at the $7.99 rate prior to Apple Music. I tried Napster, Spotify, Rdio (which I liked the best honestly), MOG, and Slacker Premium , so basically all of them. I paid for them all at various points past the trial period in order to really use them for a decent amount of time. Although I liked Rdio the best, I canceled it after trialing Google All Access because of the $7.99 price. I kept that subscription during the trial period of Apple Music. Last week I decided to go ahead and give up my $7.99 pricing on Google All Access and keep Apple Music. While I think Apple Music is inferior in some ways compared to most of the others (Slacker Premium being the worst), there are certain benefits to use it that outweigh the kinks for me. Having it download offline playlists automatically without having to launch the app is one. Being able to use smart playlists is the second. Being able to use smart playlists with Apple music alongside my music is the biggest factor. What Apple Music is missing tends to be the same features that are missing to me on all the others. I don't love Apple Music, but I really like it, and I think as time goes on, it will get better as far as bugs go. The others will get more features faster, by virtue of better update cycles. Just my $0.02.

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I like Apple Music. I wish that it wasn't necessary to enable iCloud Music Library in order to save content for offline listening. I've backed up my library but I don't want to go through the headache of the matching process. I am going to keep the service only because mobile data is not an issue for me at the moment and its cheaper than buying albums every month. I spent around $100 on iTunes in May and June.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You could purchase 10 new songs each month instead. And they would be yours to keep! LOL

Or I could listen to as many songs as I want a month for $9.99.
I'm actually on my way to MickeyD's to waste $10, so I will skip MickeyD's once a month. No big deal

jnew619

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I like Apple Music. I wish that it wasn't necessary to enable iCloud Music Library in order to save content for offline listening. I've backed up my library but I don't want to go through the headache of the matching process. I am going to keep the service only because mobile data is not an issue for me at the moment and its cheaper than buying albums every month. I spent around $100 on iTunes in May and June.

You sure you have to enable iCloud music library in order to save music offline? I used to have it off and when it was off I was still saving music offline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Already went back to spotify a couple weeks into apple music... Maybe once apple releases it into android i'll look into it again.... the family plan is a great option if I was able to get both iphone/android in on the deal... Also if they come up with an easy way to transfer my spotify playlists over to apple music...

Hawk999

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I subscribed to Google Music.
I can upload my music 'as is' without any interference from google.
And enjoy a 50.000 song limit at this moment.

I will keep following AM from a disstance and see if it improves.
But I am not very optimistic.

applehead3

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
You sure you have to enable iCloud music library in order to save music offline? I used to have it off and when it was off I was still saving music offline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. A message appears on my screen that says "This requires iCloud Music Library" whenever I try to make music available offline.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
What put me off the most with Apple Music is/was the confusion with offline/stored music. On several occasions I lost all the music (both my own ripped music and that downloaded from Apple Music). I have no issues at all in using the music app for my own synced music and Spotify (or any other app for that matter) for streaming content.

I'll follow Apple Music and I may well try it again once it's matures but right now, it offers nothing I want.

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you ever use Spotify premium? It sounds like you didn't and only decided to pay to stream once Apple started doing it.. :/ There's a world outside the walls ;)

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I will not pay for this. I will stay with Spotify for the time being. I just don't understand the My music tab and I rarely listen to Beats 1.

I use spotify on my phone, ipad, ps4, receiver and desktop.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I will be sticking with Spotify for now. Spotify offers more value for me since it works on multiple platforms. I will definitely check on Apple Music again when it rolls out for Android.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

MrRJ

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Where did you loose your music, in iTunes on your computer or in your iDevice?

On my iPhone. It happened 3 or 4 times. Once was too many... I'm not a novice, so it wasn't a silly error. I synced, all was fine, listened to Apple Music and when I went back, all my synced music was gone.

It seemed to me that it was an incomplete piece of software. I don't know if it's fixed and don't need to know I guess as Spotify is fine for me. I don't know how a flaw so large and so commonplace could slip through the largest tech firms testing. A shame as I was quite looking forward to it being great..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal