iCloud Music Library unaccessible (Unknown error 4010)

iRube

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Suddenly I was unable to add any Apple Music to My Music. I had been doing so for weeks.
When I tried to add music I would go into my library and all music not stored locally were greyed-out. A call to Apple Care had be uncheck iCloud Music Library on my iPhone and my Mac then re-check. The problem became worse as I cannot use iCloud library at all. When I re-check the iCloud Music Library on my iPhone I choose the Replace option, wait while the music app says "Loading Library" then after a while a message says Unable to Load iCloud Library...try later appears. On the Mac a very similar situation: with a message that says "Genius Results Can't be Updated Right Now. An Unknown Error Occurred (4010). The iCloud library then is unchecked in preferences.

I have never used iTunes Match.
I have adequate band width (5Mb Up, 12 Down)
My song total is well under the 25,000 limit.
I'm running the latest OS, and software on my Mac and iPhone (5s).
Have tried a number of things ranging from rebooting the Airport Extreme to running some maintenance & cache clearing scripts in onyX.

Would anybody have an idea how to get back to square with iCloud Music Library (preferably without using the nuclear option of resetting everything and starting over from scratch).

Thanks

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Suddenly I was unable to add any Apple Music to My Music. I had been doing so for weeks.
When I tried to add music I would go into my library and all music not stored locally were greyed-out. A call to Apple Care had be uncheck iCloud Music Library on my iPhone and my Mac then re-check. The problem became worse as I cannot use iCloud library at all. When I re-check the iCloud Music Library on my iPhone I choose the Replace option, wait while the music app says "Loading Library" then after a while a message says Unable to Load iCloud Library...try later appears. On the Mac a very similar situation: with a message that says "Genius Results Can't be Updated Right Now. An Unknown Error Occurred (4010). The iCloud library then is unchecked in preferences.

I have never used iTunes Match.
I have adequate band width (5Mb Up, 12 Down)
My song total is well under the 25,000 limit.
I'm running the latest OS, and software on my Mac and iPhone (5s).
Have tried a number of things ranging from rebooting the Airport Extreme to running some maintenance & cache clearing scripts in onyX.

Would anybody have an idea how to get back to square with iCloud Music Library (preferably without using the nuclear option of resetting everything and starting over from scratch).

Thanks

Did you update to 8.4.1 today?

iRube

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes, and it did not fix the issue. Ongoing discussions with Apple Care senior advisor today & tomorrow. She said that it's a fairly wide spread problem but acknowledged that the updates didn't work for everybody.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro