Why can't I download all of my Apple Music songs to my iPhone (This item cannot be downloaded)?

Douglas Sekus

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Cannot download all Apple Music songs to my iPhone ("This item cannot be downloaded").

Added a bunch of songs to 'My Music" and made a Play List. I tried to download all the songs to my iPhone for off-line listening. There were two songs I could not download ("This item cannot be downloaded. The items you have requested is not available for download").

Is this a bug? I was able to download to iTunes, but not my phone.

Doug

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cannot download all Apple Music songs to my iPhone ("This item cannot be downloaded").

Or it could be a licensing issue and the songs are not available for 'offline' listening at this time.

Douglas Sekus

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Cannot download all Apple Music songs to my iPhone ("This item cannot be downloaded").

That is what I am afraid of! I do not remember hearing of that kind of restriction in Apple Music. The problem is with two songs from two artists. I was able to download others songs from the same album for each of these artists to the iPhone - so it's not based on an Artist, and not based on an Album. Hope it's a bug.

Harry Ubu

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

I get this "This item cannot be downloaded" on iPhone 5s on tons of albums and tracks that iTunes Match says are Matched! Apple iCloud Music Library problem, I reckon.

Douglas Sekus

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Harry. Apple music is soooo broken today. iTunes disconnects from iCloud Music constantly. This afternoon I cannot play any Apple Music on iTunes - iTunes keeps insisting I must sign-in. I am! I feel like Apple Music is starting to implode. I am not going to ruin my weekend dealing with this any longer. I'm pouring a nice glass of wine, sitting be the window and waiting to see a big Apple shaped mushroom cloud appear in the western sky.

Douglas Sekus

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Well I finally solved the problem. It's obvious by now that there are a lot of issues with Apple Music, and it's a work in process. All the issues I had were with Apple Music I added to my library (not Matched music that was match from my library). I deleted the songs from my library in iTunes, and then added them right back to my music again on iTunes. Now when I try to add them locally to my iPhone it works. I have had to do this to most of the music I added to my library as soon as Apple Music launched. I do not seem to have the problem with songs I recently added to my library.

Douglas Sekus

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Well, the fix did not last long! I was able to successfully download 435 songs to my iPhone and play them locally. This evening I decided to add some more. Everyone of the 435 songs I downloaded earlier were no longer local on my device. I am back to where I started!!!!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

That's weird. I have a total of ~7200 songs and I add on an average day 100 songs to my library. No problems whatsoever.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW