How do I turn off shuffle in the Apple Music app?

I

iMore Question

How to turn off shuffle in Apple Music app.

When Apple music replaced my previous music player it defaulted to shuffle. Everything. Without asking. And I can't turn shuffle off. Make it STAAAAHP.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How to turn off shuffle in Apple Music app.

Open up Music, play a song and turn of the shuffle toggle down in the screen. That oughta fix ya problem

shalisahere

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, but I do no understand what you mean by "toggle down". I have opened a single song and played it, but I don't se how to turn off the shuffle.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, but I do no understand what you mean by "toggle down". I have opened a single song and played it, but I don't se how to turn off the shuffle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444691324.114446.jpg
Do you see the shuffle button, at the bottom of the screen, second from left? When enabled it's slightly grey, when disabled, it's not grey.

And FYI, I didn't mean toggle down, I forgot an punctuation. It's actually 'toggle, down'.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I know exactly what you're saying, and mine isn't greyed out, but the damn thing was shuffling every song, no matter what I did. I said WAS because I bought Ecoute, and was able to shut it off from there, and now the Apple Music app is working as normal. I'm scared to ever turn "on" shuffle though because it'll probably stay stuck. Now if they could make the app finish playing one album or folder, and go to the next, they'd be caught up to 2009 Android Cupcake in the music arena...It's ridiculous.

larzsome

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have iphone 7, iOS 10, i have the same issue, Shuffle is the only option, and you cant "shut" it off, it doesnt toggle on or off grey to dark gray or anything like that, it may be a bug, I am updating to 10.2 and see if this is fixed. very very annoying

gstrxk

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Re: How to turn off shuffle in Apple Music app.

When Apple music replaced my previous music player it defaulted to shuffle. Everything. Without asking. And I can't turn shuffle off. Make it STAAAAHP.

In order to turn off shuffle, go to the song you are listening too and scroll downwards and a whole new world appears

cpwilder

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Wow!!! Now that was simple. Kept hitting the one that was displayed (without the up-swipe on the playing song) and all it did was re-shuffle each time.

Thanks for that useful 'tip'.