I've noticed a few albums aren't available for Apple Music but is shown in it but is phased out.

Kind of makes me want to wait and decide if I want to keep it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 07:02 AM
    Probably due to copyright reasons. I think Apple and the music label couldn't come to an agreement to make that album/song available for streaming
    07-28-2015 07:04 AM
    Probably due to copyright reasons. I think Apple and the music label couldn't come to an agreement to make that album/song available for streaming
    True but it's available on Google.

07-28-2015 07:10 AM
    True but it's available on Google.

You said it yourself, Google. They could've reached an agreement where Google pays more or have another kind of understanding
    07-28-2015 07:11 AM
    You said it yourself, Google. They could've reached an agreement where Google pays more or have another kind of understanding
    I really don't care about the behind the scenes stuff but the disappointing fact is that Google has music Apple doesn't which put a hamper on me choosing Apple Music . I was set to cancel my google music account but now I might not. Oh well

07-28-2015 07:13 AM
    What's to say Apple has albums or even artists on their service that Google hasn't?? I don't know but there should be comparisons somewhere on the internet about those streaming services.

You're free to stay at Google, but don't dismiss Apple just yet.

Like with some apps, it could be quite possible some albums get released first on Apple for a few weeks or months before they become available on the other streaming services.
    07-28-2015 07:16 AM
    I really don't care about the behind the scenes stuff but the disappointing fact is that Google has music Apple doesn't which put a hamper on me choosing Apple Music . I was set to cancel my google music account but now I might not. Oh well

Some interesting stuff
    https://www.androidpit.com/apple-mus...sic-vs-spotify
    http://fortune.com/2015/06/30/apple-music-google-play/
    http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/mus...-play-3618538/
    07-28-2015 07:30 AM

Eh not relevant to my original topic but it's an issue Apple has and now I am pretty sure I am keeping Google until Apple decides to get the music I want. Oddly enough they have other albums made by the artist

07-28-2015 07:34 AM
    What's to say Apple has albums or even artists on their service that Google hasn't?? I don't know but there should be comparisons somewhere on the internet about those streaming services.

You're free to stay at Google, but don't dismiss Apple just yet.

Like with some apps, it could be quite possible some albums get released first on Apple for a few weeks or months before they become available on the other streaming services.
    I've been using Google for what 3 years now ? Never* ran into any issues finding any music I wanted to. Already ran into that wall a few times with Apple.

*Taylor Swift has been the only one who I didn't find on google and it was the new album 1989 at release . Have since bought it and put onto my google play account through transferring it

Tartarus likes this.
    07-28-2015 07:36 AM
    I've been using Google for what 3 years now ? Never* ran into any issues finding any music I wanted to. Already ran into that wall a few times with Apple.

*Taylor Swift has been the only one who I didn't find on google and it was the new album 1989 at release . Have since bought it and put onto my google play account through transferring it

You're comparing Music in it's infancy with a service that's been around for a long while already. Give them time. More labels and songs are to come.
    ladyc0524 and Tartarus like this.
    07-28-2015 08:00 AM
    You're comparing Music in it's infancy with a service that's been around for a long while already. Give them time. More labels and songs are to come.
    Do I care really? Not really. If Apple wants to have a realistic shot at taking over the Spotify and Google they need to have as good if not better selection of music. Yeah I love the integration and that was what convinced me to go with Apple until I found out some music isnt on it and yet has other music from the same artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-28-2015 08:11 AM
    I apologize in name of Apple.
    07-28-2015 08:12 AM
    Do I care really? Not really. If Apple wants to have a realistic shot at taking over the Spotify and Google they need to have as good if not better selection of music. Yeah I love the integration and that was what convinced me to go with Apple until I found out some music isnt on it and yet has other music from the same artist

If you don't care, then why are you griping here?
    ladyc0524 and Hawk999 like this.
    07-28-2015 08:19 AM
    I could tell you my theory, but . . . I won't.
    07-28-2015 08:24 AM
    Because I expect way better from Apple? They have the money so why aren't they using it?

07-28-2015 08:27 AM
    Exclusive deals get made.

Some artists / labels don't believe in streaming.

Others have their own rights problems that prevent then from making deals.

It's actually much more similar between music streaming then movies. That's all over the place where every deal is time limited and more exclusive deals etc. I personally am quite impressed with the amount of music made available for streaming including on Apple.

The few artists that don't participate - if I like them enough I can buy them - as you have also done.
    07-28-2015 08:39 AM
    Because I expect way better from Apple? They have the money so why aren't they using it?

Some things money just can't buy. Many artists don't need money. So they stick to their principles.
    07-28-2015 08:48 AM

Then turn it off, continue using Google Music which has worked for you, and call it a day.

What good does it do to complain about how Apple Music is lacking? Let Apple worry about their "realistic shot".
    07-28-2015 02:31 PM
    Then turn it off, continue using Google Music which has worked for you, and call it a day.

What good does it do to complain about how Apple Music is lacking? Let Apple worry about their "realistic shot".
    Because I prefer Apple music other then the fact some music isnt on it?

07-28-2015 06:27 PM
    Because I prefer Apple music other then the fact some music isnt on it?

For as much as you're saying it's lacking, you still prefer Apple Music over Google Music? What is wrong with you?
    07-28-2015 06:29 PM
    For as much as you're saying it's lacking, you still prefer Apple Music over Google Music? What is wrong with you?
    Because Google on ios I find extremely lacking in functionality

07-28-2015 06:30 PM
    Because Google on ios I find extremely lacking in functionality

You've used it for 3+ years now. I'm sure it'll suit you just fine until Apple Music is tailored to your liking.
    07-28-2015 06:33 PM
    You've used it for 3+ years now. I'm sure it'll suit you just fine until Apple Music is tailored to your liking.
    3+ of those years was on Android. I find the app lacking functionality on ios and specially compared to the Apple music app

07-28-2015 06:34 PM
    3+ of those years was on Android. I find the app lacking functionality on ios and specially compared to the Apple music app

I feel like I'm talking to my girlfriend after I've asked her what she feels like eating for dinner.
    07-28-2015 06:47 PM
    For whatever it is worth, I have used Spotify, Rdio, MOG, Google Music, Amazon Prime, and now Apple Music. Several I used at the same time to compare. I listen to what I think is a lot of music (every day, multiple genres, obscure and popular) and I can tell you that every single service I've used has some songs that another one doesn't. Every single one. Some of them have rights to a song and then lose rights to the song. I've had this happen the most on Google Music, actually, where a song or album I had added to my library later shows up as unavailable. I won't pretend that I know all the different reasons why some services can't work out a deal with the labels regarding any particular track or album, but it happens and is very common. In this trial of Apple Music, I've found music available from some artists that wasn't available on Google Music and I've also had stuff that was available on Google Music that wasn't available on Apple Music. It's just the breaks.

One thing I like about Rdio is they have options to notify you when new music is available from an artist you've added to your library. That way you know when that new album by Beyonce is available, or when that EP that your favorite artist released 10 years ago is available. Even though I don't use Rdio anymore, I still keep my account active so I can get notified when new music is added to the service.

If Google Music has the music that you want then you have your answer. If the app isn't to your liking on iOS, then you have your answer on that one too (an Android phone). There is never going to be the perfect phone or the perfect app to meet your standards. As a user of both platforms, I'm a tough critic and have just had to accept that both platforms have things I love and both have things I hate. Neither is the perfect platform for me, so you just have to accept that and make your choice.

The integration is what makes me want to stay with Apple Music. Time will tell if that is enough to keep me on it.
    07-29-2015 11:01 AM
26 12