Some. Music isn't available for Apple Music

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed a few albums aren't available for Apple Music but is shown in it but is phased out.

Kind of makes me want to wait and decide if I want to keep it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Probably due to copyright reasons. I think Apple and the music label couldn't come to an agreement to make that album/song available for streaming

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You said it yourself, Google. They could've reached an agreement where Google pays more or have another kind of understanding

I really don't care about the behind the scenes stuff but the disappointing fact is that Google has music Apple doesn't which put a hamper on me choosing Apple Music . I was set to cancel my google music account but now I might not. Oh well

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
What's to say Apple has albums or even artists on their service that Google hasn't?? I don't know but there should be comparisons somewhere on the internet about those streaming services.

You're free to stay at Google, but don't dismiss Apple just yet.

Like with some apps, it could be quite possible some albums get released first on Apple for a few weeks or months before they become available on the other streaming services.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I really don't care about the behind the scenes stuff but the disappointing fact is that Google has music Apple doesn't which put a hamper on me choosing Apple Music . I was set to cancel my google music account but now I might not. Oh well

Some interesting stuff
https://www.androidpit.com/apple-music-vs-google-play-music-vs-spotify
http://fortune.com/2015/06/30/apple-music-google-play/
http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/music/apple-music-vs-google-play-3618538/

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Eh not relevant to my original topic but it's an issue Apple has and now I am pretty sure I am keeping Google until Apple decides to get the music I want. Oddly enough they have other albums made by the artist

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
What's to say Apple has albums or even artists on their service that Google hasn't?? I don't know but there should be comparisons somewhere on the internet about those streaming services.

You're free to stay at Google, but don't dismiss Apple just yet.

Like with some apps, it could be quite possible some albums get released first on Apple for a few weeks or months before they become available on the other streaming services.

I've been using Google for what 3 years now ? Never* ran into any issues finding any music I wanted to. Already ran into that wall a few times with Apple.

*Taylor Swift has been the only one who I didn't find on google and it was the new album 1989 at release . Have since bought it and put onto my google play account through transferring it

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Google for what 3 years now ? Never* ran into any issues finding any music I wanted to. Already ran into that wall a few times with Apple.

*Taylor Swift has been the only one who I didn't find on google and it was the new album 1989 at release . Have since bought it and put onto my google play account through transferring it

You're comparing Music in it's infancy with a service that's been around for a long while already. Give them time. More labels and songs are to come.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
You're comparing Music in it's infancy with a service that's been around for a long while already. Give them time. More labels and songs are to come.

Do I care really? Not really. If Apple wants to have a realistic shot at taking over the Spotify and Google they need to have as good if not better selection of music. Yeah I love the integration and that was what convinced me to go with Apple until I found out some music isnt on it and yet has other music from the same artist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do I care really? Not really. If Apple wants to have a realistic shot at taking over the Spotify and Google they need to have as good if not better selection of music. Yeah I love the integration and that was what convinced me to go with Apple until I found out some music isnt on it and yet has other music from the same artist

If you don't care, then why are you griping here?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Exclusive deals get made.

Some artists / labels don't believe in streaming.

Others have their own rights problems that prevent then from making deals.

It's actually much more similar between music streaming then movies. That's all over the place where every deal is time limited and more exclusive deals etc. I personally am quite impressed with the amount of music made available for streaming including on Apple.

The few artists that don't participate - if I like them enough I can buy them - as you have also done.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Then turn it off, continue using Google Music which has worked for you, and call it a day.

What good does it do to complain about how Apple Music is lacking? Let Apple worry about their "realistic shot".

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Then turn it off, continue using Google Music which has worked for you, and call it a day.

What good does it do to complain about how Apple Music is lacking? Let Apple worry about their "realistic shot".

Because I prefer Apple music other then the fact some music isnt on it?