Hi!

I am new to the "Apple ecosystem" having replaced my Windows PC with a Mac Book Air and added an iPad Air 2 and just a few days ago a new iPod touch 7th Gen.

It has taken a while to get to grips with iTunes. Most of my music is MP3s that I purchased during my "Windows years". Finally I have all these songs in my iTunes library and onto my two "iThings".

I have also started using Spotify on the "iThings" but can't use it on my Mac (I refuse to have Flash installed because of Adobe's poor attitude to security).

Apple Music looks like a good thing except for the issues around integration with existing iTunes libraries. I have heard horror stories from folks with music collections like mine (not all purchased from iTunes store) loosing large parts of their collections after stopping their Apple Music free trial.

Sorry about the waffle, my question is: Is it possible to have both iTunes and Apple Music installed (on Mac, iPad and iPod) but NOT have them integrated, such as I have now with iTunes and Spotify?

Regards,
    Peter
    07-24-2015 01:48 AM
    I have heard horror stories from folks with music collections like mine (not all purchased from iTunes store) loosing large parts of their collections after stopping their Apple Music free trial.
    That is solved by making a backup of all those files...
    Closingracer likes this.
    07-24-2015 05:07 PM
    That is solved by making a backup of all those files...
    While yes that is "Solving" the issue Apple Music shouldn't be erasing people's libraries either
    07-24-2015 08:09 PM
    I haven't had the deletion or changing of metadata by Apple Music. Those people losing music and having their metadata changed have deleted their songs and replaced it by Apple Music. That's on them, not Apple.
    07-24-2015 08:44 PM
    I haven't had the deletion or changing of metadata by Apple Music. Those people losing music and having their metadata changed have deleted their songs and replaced it by Apple Music. That's on them, not Apple.
    That's not really true. I haven't had any deleting of my music or metadata changes to my files but people that have had their libraries erased are legit. Sings disappear from the iCloud library. The service has some real bugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-24-2015 11:30 PM
    Hi!

I am new to the "Apple ecosystem" having replaced my Windows PC with a Mac Book Air and added an iPad Air 2 and just a few days ago a new iPod touch 7th Gen.

It has taken a while to get to grips with iTunes. Most of my music is MP3s that I purchased during my "Windows years". Finally I have all these songs in my iTunes library and onto my two "iThings".

I have also started using Spotify on the "iThings" but can't use it on my Mac (I refuse to have Flash installed because of Adobe's poor attitude to security).

Apple Music looks like a good thing except for the issues around integration with existing iTunes libraries. I have heard horror stories from folks with music collections like mine (not all purchased from iTunes store) loosing large parts of their collections after stopping their Apple Music free trial.

Sorry about the waffle, my question is: Is it possible to have both iTunes and Apple Music installed (on Mac, iPad and iPod) but NOT have them integrated, such as I have now with iTunes and Spotify?

Regards,
    Peter
    You can't have 2 separate apps but you can use Apple music without using iCloud library. There's a how to posted yesterday I think on iMore on how to do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    07-24-2015 11:32 PM