Apple Music vs Spotify and how Apple is better

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I finally did it, I deleted Spotify from my iPhone. I don't have the subscribed account so it was very easy for me to make the decision.

As I already told some of you in an other topic, my grandmother past away yesterday. To honor her, I went to Apple Music to listen a verse from the Holy Quran. I even found the reciter I found the most wonderful sounding. After a while I went to Spotify to look if they had the same verse by the same reciter. They did. But the full verse is recited in 10:18mins and was fully available on Apple Music, but only 4:28mins of it was available on Spotify.

Seeing how Apple provided a not so known song/number fully and Spotify didn't, I reached the decision this also could be the point with other songs.

Fun fact, I never thought about paying for Spotify, but since Apple is available, I'm willing to pay ?9.99 for it.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you came to a decision that best suits you, and I offer my condolences in regard to your grandmother...:)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
That's why I love that users have a choice. I am the complete opposite. I use Spotify and no plans to leave. Maybe it's because I am so in depth with the playlists I have and the app just works. Vs Apple Music it felt unfinished and very lost. Plus I have to make playlists all over again. and the suggested ones don;t match the variety that Spotify presents.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That's why I love that users have a choice. I am the complete opposite. I use Spotify and no plans to leave. Maybe it's because I am so in depth with the playlists I have and the app just works. Vs Apple Music it felt unfinished and very lost. Plus I have to make playlists all over again. and the suggested ones don;t match the variety that Spotify presents.

I totally understand your point of view. As I've never used Spotify, it was easier for me. And frankly, I hated the black UI of Spotify on the web and in the app.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

A "just works" app with Spotify has not been my experience, though I have stuck it out with them for years. Most notable is how terrible it is on CarPlay. I am assured they are addressing the issues. But it's not only that. It's the way it'll unsync my downloaded tracks or perform poorly when I try to integrate my purchased music. I've got work arounds, but it's annoying. Apple Music is no gem itself, so seems like any way you go, there's going to be problems. It's a matter of which are least disruptive. I would stay with Spotify in a heartbeat... IF it hadn't just disconnected my entire Local Files library and their support is unable to provide me a fix. Bad timing on their part... They have, what, 60 days left to win back my loyalty?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
A "just works" app with Spotify has not been my experience, though I have stuck it out with them for years. Most notable is how terrible it is on CarPlay. I am assured they are addressing the issues. But it's not only that. It's the way it'll unsync my downloaded tracks or perform poorly when I try to integrate my purchased music. I've got work arounds, but it's annoying. Apple Music is no gem itself, so seems like any way you go, there's going to be problems. It's a matter of which are least disruptive. I would stay with Spotify in a heartbeat... IF it hadn't just disconnected my entire Local Files library and their support is unable to provide me a fix. Bad timing on their part... They have, what, 60 days left to win back my loyalty?

TBH I never really liked spotify at all. Been with Google music since it's launch paying $7.99. Tried spotify for $0.99 for three months and canceled it after those three months and never thought about it since Google finally released an iPad app finally. Apple Music is seriously making me think of paying $2 more per month for integration

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I really prefer Spotify so far. Mostly because I have not fully figured out Apple Music yet.
That whole "Make Available Offline" and "Add to My Music" confuses me soooo much XD
Like, "Add to My Music" puts songs in my phone (to be accessible where?) and "Make Available Offline" puts the songs where?

Hence why, right now, I am sticking with Spotify. More user friendly (so far).

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Make available offline downloads the song to your phones memory but it doesn't show up anywhere till you look it up in Apple Music.

Add to My Music adds the music to your library and can be looked up under 'Artists', 'Albums' and 'Songs'.

Essentially, by making music available offline, it stays off your library but doesn't use any data when you're listening that song from a curated playlist or look it up yourself from search.

By adding it to 'My Music' the song will appear in your Music Library on your phone and any other device using iCloud Music Library

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I get emails all the time.99 cents for the summer (3 months). Obviously a promotional rate. But I assumed that the.99 was a monthly rate. My bad.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have both right now. I'm using the summer promo on Spotify and the 3 free months from Apple. The offline mode is going to change the way I do music 100%. I was fine with Spotify Premium until finally trying Apple yesterday. I don't fully understand Spotify's "3,333 songs and offline for 30 days" verbiage. I do like that you know you're in offline mode in Spotify whereas I feel like I have to be more careful in Apple. I don't really do custom playlists as I use it more to get access to the latest albums as they're released. Honestly, even though I can get Spotify Premium for $4.99/month since I'm in grad school, I'll likely pay the extra 5 bucks for Apple just because of the integration and the fact that I can see where the offline songs are when I make them available.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't listen to enough music to justify either, to be quite honest, and when I do listen, it's usually old school stuff unless I have my kids and their friends with me. I haven't decided yet if I'll continue with Music after the 90 days trial is up, but more than likely, I'll cancel, but we'll see.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I really prefer Spotify so far. Mostly because I have not fully figured out Apple Music yet.
That whole "Make Available Offline" and "Add to My Music" confuses me soooo much XD
Like, "Add to My Music" puts songs in my phone (to be accessible where?) and "Make Available Offline" puts the songs where?

"Add to My Music" makes it a part of your library which can be accessed on any device that has iCloud Music Library turned on. It does not take up space on said device until you also "Make Available Offline", at which point it is downloaded to that device.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
"Add to My Music" makes it a part of your library which can be accessed on any device that has iCloud Music Library turned on. It does not take up space on said device until you also "Make Available Offline", at which point it is downloaded to that device.

Where do I see if my iCloud Music Library is on?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice