Apple Music vs Spotify and how Apple is better

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Unless you have saved music offline obviously.

I just chose a higher data plan to do just so. Earlier I was subscribed to 6GB monthly and now 12

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Unless you have saved music offline obviously.

I just chose a higher data plan to do just so. Earlier I was subscribed to 6GB monthly and now 12

Why? It seems to have T-Mobile so they won't charge the data usage for music streaming. Unless they haven't added Apple music yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Wow I only have a 2 GB plan and have only received a 75% warning twice. Even with Spotify. Mainly because it seems like I'm always near a wifi source.

techgeek88

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
On the topic of UI alone I LOVE the combination of black and green with Spotify. Much easier on my eyes (as well as better looking IMO). I don't like bright white backgrounds or UIs. I have to turn my brightness way down to compensate otherwise it's a headache waiting to happen.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So I normally do a clean install with a new iOS but don't have my laptop until tomorrow. What happens to all the Music I've gotten from Apple Music when I do this clean install? Will it be in iTunes for easy access after the install is done?

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It's all gone. I figured that out last night. I have to find all my songs and make them available offline again. I had iCloud Music Library enabled. All of my offline music is gone and I can't simply download what I had.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Are they gone on your iDevices or in iTunes on your computer?
Make sure you're using the same account as before the update.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So I normally do a clean install with a new iOS but don't have my laptop until tomorrow. What happens to all the Music I've gotten from Apple Music when I do this clean install? Will it be in iTunes for easy access after the install is done?

The music should remain in your library. It's just that, a library, it's just a library stored in the cloud instead of locally on the device. As long as you are using iCloud library now, when you start your phone as new, once you sign into your iCloud account, your library should show up. You will have to choose your offline downloads again. That's how it's supposed to work anyway. I haven't had any issue and I've started from fresh twice since Apple Music launched.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
We chatted about this on another thread yesterday. So I'm clear, any song I saved for offline listening isn't retained anywhere in iCloud? Meaning a list of the songs I downloaded for offline listening isn't referenced and the songs download again? I will have to pick each song and select for offline listening?

I'm thinking that's the case. My offline song list doesn't exist and I'm left to download each song again following a clean install.

I went back to Spotify last night, reactivated my account, restored my saved playlists, and the songs began to download to my iPhone.

If Apple Music can't do this, I hope they can in the future.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
True, your iCloud storage isn't affected by iCloud Music Library.
No, Apple doesn't remember which songs you have made available for offline use.
I created a few smart playlists in iTunes and some of them are intended for offline use only. Should I for whatever reason have to reinstall my iPhone from scratch, all songs will be available on my phone once I sign in on iCloud Music Library. After that, I only have to make those playlists available for offline use again and I'm good to go. I don't save any individual songs for offline use anyway. All songs I like to be offline belong in one of those smart playlists.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was incredibly happy to find that my library was intact and I only needed to make albums available offline again. Not a huge deal to me. Now if I had to search all over again....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner