Syncing and Offline help please

stranger99

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I decided to make the switch to Apple Music for all of my music, so I deleted all of my music except for The Beatles and a handful of others (since it's not available) and downloaded everything via Apple Music, and also made everything available for offline listening.

Problem:

If I want to add something I download myself that's not from Apple Music, how do I add it? Currently, it won't sync anything I add on my MacBook iTunes unless I turn off iCloud. That's fine except the fact that if I turn off iCloud, add the new song to iTunes, then sync, then turn iCloud back on, then all of my Apple Music reappears. EXCEPT, it will again have to be manually made available offline. There's no way to do this all at once...I have to do it Artist by Artist, which is time consuming and a little ridiculous to do every time I want to add something not from Apple Music.

Unless I'm missing something?

stranger99

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Why did you delete all of your music in the first place?

I still have all of the files on my computer...the majority of it was downloaded illegally. Not all the best quality. Rather than sort through what's good quality or not, easier just to go all Apple Music. With the exception of what's not available. Beatles, etc.

Even if I kept it all, I don't see an easy way to integrate my music with Apple Music. Every time I sync, I'd have to turn off iCloud, then sync with my computer, then turn iCloud back on, and go artist by artist to once again make my Apple Music available offline.

What sense does that make? Unless I'm missing something.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
One solution could be to start a new library in iTunes, one that is clear of your existing music you own. Then sign into iTunes and enable iCloud library. Any music that comes back that you don't want, delete it. Then add the music you own that you want to the new library.

But tell me, do you have iCloud library enabled in iTunes on your computer? You don't sync music from your iTunes to your phone the old fashioned way when you use iCloud library. You add music to the library in iTunes and it syncs to iCloud and then shows up on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2