Duplicate songs appearing in My Music

jlkrol

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Songs are duplicating in My Music when I've added an album for offline playback and then a playlist that includes a song from an album I've already added. I am selecting to make available offline twice (once on the album and then once on the playlist). I was hoping Apple would make it smart enough to know I've downloaded the song once already and not download it again.

Has anyone else had an issue where songs are duplicating in My Music?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Others are having that same issue. I have yet to see a fix for it. Can you not delete them both, then start over with only one? I don't use Music.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Strange.

I just created a "test" playlist on my phone and added a song from an album I had already downloaded for offline use. When I then made that new playlist available for offline use, I did not get a duplicate of the song in "My Music." I thought it might be different if it was an Apple Music album/song versus one I already owned and the service either matched or uploaded to make it available in my library, so I downloaded an entire album added from Apple Music and then added a song from the album to the test playlist. Since I had already made the playlist available for offline use, it downloaded the song automatically (I always wondered if it would do this and I'm glad to see it does). I double checked to make sure it was in fact downloaded and then looked in my library and did not have a duplicate.

Not sure if this helps, except for us to know that it *should* not work the way it's working for you.

jlkrol

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
For me this issue is occurring when the playlist is coming from an Apple Music playlist. I am able to delete the duplicate track. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

At first I thought the issue may have been from making an album available offline I owned and then adding an Apple Music playlist. I have still seen it occur with an Apple Music album and Apple Music playlist.

I'm an iTunes Match subscriber as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2