Rant time: complain about the bugs and "features"

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I seem to not have been plagued too terribly by library mishaps so my complaints will be mild compared to others.
My biggest gripes with respect to bugs or incomplete "features"
-Play queue resetting when playing Apple music
-Add to up next not working as expected (it will add after the currently playing song when you first just "play" an album or playlist)
-app freezes/crashes a lot, especially on iPad when trying to choose a song or album from an artist page
-iTunes goes flaky and won't add things to the library
-delays with editing metadata syncing up. Sometimes changes are lost completely.
-Metadata being modified in strange ways. Example: yesterday I was editing artwork for a track and somehow that edit was applied to an entirely different song. Now I have to fix it and deal with hoping the change takes effect, not too mention I have to fix the busted one plus the one I was trying to fix the first time to begin with.

I'm sure I have more and will remember them eventually.

So far this service seems to work the best on iPhone. Things are missing in the iPad version of the app things seems to work the "best" on iPhone. Don't even get me started with iTunes. It feels like it was just thrown into an already terrible piece of software.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh I've been using that for sure.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I think the things that are bugs will be fixed in time. iTunes Match was bad at launch for anyone that wanted anything more than an online music locker. Eventually a lot of the complaints I had with it to start were ironed out. Match wasn't/isn't perfect but it's pretty good now. The same will be true for Apple Music. I think it needed the beta moniker on it to start though. It certainly works more like a beta than what an initial release should be.

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just chiming in on this topic, we've had a (mostly) generally positive experience with Apple Music. What our primary issue has been is related to the family plan, specifically with playlists. Originally, my wife and I used the same Apple ID to log into the App Store and iTunes Store. But, for Apple Music, we had to enable Family Sharing. Simple enough, and it generally worked well.

Problem is that when we did so, and she started using her Apple ID to log into everything, her playlists disappeared from her device. So, I added them back, and sure enough, they disappeared again. Any playlists she has on there now have been created on the device. Any of the synced playlists from iTunes on our PC just disappear after a few hours or so.

Other than that specific issue, everything's working well. Here's hoping they get that figured out in iOS 9.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
For some reason I can't play Beats 1 when asking Siri to play it. I'm told to use handoff.. Asking to play pretty much anything else will start that track on my phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I can't play Beats 1 when asking Siri to play it. I'm told to use handoff.. Asking to play pretty much anything else will start that track on my phone.

From my lock screen, I just told Siri to "play beats 1". A moment later, the beats 1 live broadcast began playing. I'm running iOS 9 dev beta 3 on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Siri plays Beats 1 for me also....and everything else as well. I'm using iOS8.4 on my Verizon 6Plus.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437349852.926517.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437350010.148323.jpg

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rant time: complain about the bugs and "features"

Sorry I was not clear. I was using Siri on my watch. On the phone it works. But I had problems at launch with playing beats 1, Siri telling me to sign in to iTunes Radio. ��

iRube

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rant time: complain about the bugs and "features"

Tagging! I've spent quite a bit of time with a nice Apple Care engineer working out the kinks with my iCloud Music Library. He did warn me that all of my tagging: Grouping, Genre, Comments, Year etc. is subject to change at any time (and that indeed has occurred). That destroys my ability to create most of my Smart Playlists. It's not that Apple can clean up their tags, say mark Sgt. Pepper as 1967 (instead of 2011), or list some Deep Purple albums as "Rock" rather than "Pop", the record industry messes all that up for us. I've calmed down but it's still a major hinderance for me to use AM how I want to. In the meantime I've decided to give my library over to Apple and go with the flow. This is a lighter copy of my main music library which I run on a separate, unClouded library. So have at it, Apple, mess it all up! See if I care.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen my metadata get changed after I change it but I have seen my changes not take effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Another random hiccup I have sometimes.. I jump in the car, stereo connects with phone and starts playing music for maybe 10 seconds and then it stops playing. I have to press play again. I think it happens with all my BT gear. 2 sets of headphones, 2 speakers and the car.

Sometimes I even have to load up Apple music again because it crashed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox