Do I need a data plan to listen to Apple Music or can I stream only using wifi? I have an iPad 2 that doesn't have a data plan and would like to keep it that way.
    07-07-2015 07:16 PM
  2. MasterDarque said: Best Answer

Do I need a data plan to listen to Apple Music or can I stream only using wifi? I have an iPad 2 that doesn't have a data plan and would like to keep it that way.
    You can also go into Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Cellular Data to toggle on or off wether you want to use your cellular network for automatic downloads, iTunes Match, and Apple Music. Toggling this to off will ensure that you don't accidentally use cellular data for these. This will restrict your device to using wifi only for these, of course you'll need to be connected to a wifi network to do so.
    Yes you can stream using wifi only, it does not require data service through a provider.
    07-07-2015 07:20 PM
    You can also go into Settings > iTunes & App Store > Use Cellular Data to toggle on or off wether you want to use your cellular network for automatic downloads, iTunes Match, and Apple Music. Toggling this to off will ensure that you don't accidentally use cellular data for these. This will restrict your device to using wifi only for these, of course you'll need to be connected to a wifi network to do so.
    07-07-2015 07:37 PM