How will the family membership work in Apple Music? I have 2 kids and my wife that I'd like to share the same account. I don't want to have to pay for 4 separate accounts. Is there an increase in charge or will I be charged as if there is only one person using the account?
    07-07-2015 05:38 PM
  2. BreakingKayfabe said: Best Answer

The family plan is good for up to 6 people and they can each use it with different Apple ID's so that your playlists and such are all separate.
    The family plan is good for up to 6 people and they can each use it with different Apple ID's so that your playlists and such are all separate.
    07-07-2015 05:42 PM
    I setup my 3 month trial for the family.

But when I went to enable Apple Music on my Wife's iPhone, I found it was logged under my Apple ID (I must have logged into her phone at sometime). After logging out and then in under my wife's account, Apple Music wanted her to start a new Apple Music subscription. I would have thought Apple Music would have skipped that step and gone on to allow her to customise her music likes etcetera.

I'll be checking everything when I have access to her phone but has anyone had this problem?
    07-15-2015 09:42 PM
    I fixed it.

WARNING, if you are running iOS 9 b3 and don't have a Mac or other Apple device that can be used (I found OS X 10.11 b3 ok) you may not be able too complete the following. You have been warned.

Anyone who can't get another family member setup on Apple Music, using with Family Sharing, just remove and add that member again. Something must have gone wrong with my Wife's account when I first set it up.

As I stated in the WARNING above, iOS 9 beta might fail to allow the family member to be added again. I kept getting a server error. Thankfully I was able to re-add my wife via my MacBook, even though it was running El Capitan b3. I could have used one of the other Apple devices in the house, but that would have required me to log in on one of them using my Apple account and that was just too much hard work.
    07-15-2015 11:07 PM