icloud music library metadata cover art bug fix

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
This fixed the icloud music library bug for me the first time. You will have needed to previously backed up to itunes.

1- turn off icloud music library on phone and computer
2- resync with itunes

itunes took an extra few minutes to resync the correct info from my local library.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about how album art and track information isn't matching to what is actually playing? Because let me tell you, I've got a HUGE mess on my hands. It'll show one cover art, the name of another album, the artist of yet another album, and then the track names which do not play what they indicate. Some track lists are all from another album, others are just a complete random list of various songs and artists. I've been escalated all the way to Apple engineering when I called support. Both purchased and streaming albums are randomly messed up like this. And there's still more. Many albums have one extra random track attached to them. Other albums have doubled tracks. I've toggled all services on all devices off and on. I can't believe this has happened. I was all ready to leave Spotify but this is giving me SERIOUS reservation.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly the problem this fixes. Turn of icloud music library on all devices. The follow the steps above. Worked for me the first time, and now for a coworker as of this morning.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, dumb question. What exactly will have need to have been synced to iTunes to make this work? And then what do I resync? I currently have iCloud Music Library switched off on everything. So all I'm looking at now is my Purchased music on everything but the mismatches are still there. I am already too late for the initial sync and I'm stuck with screwed up tracks?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You would have had to have synced your local files at least once before. Is your music stored locally? They need to be.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh yes, my purchased music has only been on my Mac until yesterday when I turned on iCloud Music Library. I haven't touched them for years though, since being on Spotify.

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
edited

try syncing now. If the music was purchased from itunes, there may be new DRM issues as icloud music library adds it

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I would try syncing first. If that doesn't work, then maybe try it. Perhaps a restore from back up at that point as well. Fresh Start.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I see and why I think syncing won't work. Everything is turned off everywhere. All I have is my iTunes Library of purchased music, which like I said, until June 30 had not been touched for a few years. When I turned on iCloud Music Library and the mess happened, it irrevocably changed the data of my music. So a Jurassic Park style "hold on to your butts" system reset of my music is going to be necessary to correct the mismatched data. Then--since I'm talking with Apple Engineering--if they can wipe out whatever data is in my iCloud Library, I can do a fresh start, turning it all back on first on my Mac and letting what I've purchased go up to the cloud. Then each device to sync them in, then i can start re-selecting albums for streaming. Sound reasonable?

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
icloud music library did not make any changes to my local files on my pc. It is worth a shot before using the nuclear option

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen